• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2023/2024 Season Passes

gmcunni

Ok, hell has frozen over and I just gave Vail some money. My lineup is set for next season:

Gunstock full pass
Indy Plus
2 Day Epic Pass
Pat's Peak race league

The race league is a steal if people aren't aware. $100 for 9 weeks. 10 if you make the finals. Gives you access from 3 to close. Can also buy a racer chaser ticket for a buddy each evening for I think $29
You might have already said but I missed. Where are u going for the 2 day epic? ( I thought 3 was the min)

LonghornSkier

not disputing you at all there - tho i get the full pass which is 375 or so, so lets say sub 400 - i ski every holiday period and also don't like how some places are blacked out on weekends prime season

in the ideal scenario indy rules. it's worked out awesome for me in the past, this year is just a dud.

i cant abide burning days at pats and s6. its just too short. the only day i ski 650 vertical feet is my 'FUCK I NEED TO GO SKIING ITS BEEN SO LONG' November day at the killington north ridge
I daytripped to Montage this season from Hoboken (I think you're in JC?). Not a bad drive and they had really great coverage/trail variety given the weather we've had this season. Might be worth adding to your rotation.

KustyTheKlown

I daytripped to Montage this season from Hoboken (I think you're in JC?). Not a bad drive and they had really great coverage/trail variety given the weather we've had this season. Might be worth adding to your rotation.

lol barf. i have been to enough music festivals at montage to know i want absolutely nothing to do with skiing at montage, tho i love riding the chairlift in july while on acid. i barely catskill. i certainly dont pennsylvania. i am in jc tho. just got to the white river junction motel for the weekend.

slatham

Bromley made a significant move. Unlimited early season $799, was $925. Value pass (holiday blackouts) was $515, now $599. So the $400+ savings that drove me to value pass this year is now $200 and likely to result in full unlimited next year.

thebigo

Need to make a decision today. Keep trying to shoehorn a K pass but the numbers just dont work. Would be all over 3X K unlimited passes if they included this spring and a few days at bachelor or copper. Instead it will be 4X ragged, 2X boyne nitro, 1X boyne bronze, 2X K spring - not cheap at $3650 but per day price is reasonable spread over approx 300 total family ski days next year and nothing compared to gas/travel/food/training/race fees. Any west trips will be either cheap crystal or timberline spring pass.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Montage is often worth a day trip for me from NJ. Lines never get too bad on North Face even on holiday weekends, they have good terrain there and often leave some of it ungroomed.

Last edited:

NYDB

Need to make a decision today. Keep trying to shoehorn a K pass but the numbers just dont work. Would be all over 3X K unlimited passes if they included this spring and a few days at bachelor or copper. Instead it will be 4X ragged, 2X boyne nitro, 1X boyne bronze, 2X K spring - not cheap at $3650 but per day price is reasonable spread over approx 300 total family ski days next year and nothing compared to gas/travel/food/training/race fees. Any west trips will be either cheap crystal or timberline spring pass.
if I can average $150 per day for my family of four for lift access I am happy. your at like 48. that's pretty fucking good (3650/75 assuming family of 4).

that's like taking your family to the movies.

but like you said, the lift access is just scratching the surface on the total costs.

Mum skier

Ragged pass includes 4 (holiday restricted) days at Jay. 399 for next couple of weeks. But as usual no kids rate unless you do the lease deal with one of the local shops.

thebigo

Ragged pass includes 4 (holiday restricted) days at Jay. 399 for next couple of weeks. But as usual no kids rate unless you do the lease deal with one of the local shops.
$400 gets you unlimited access for four months, reliable operations, two high speed lifts, good people everywhere you turn plus four days at jay.

I am curious what you think kids passes should cost?

Mum skier

$400 gets you unlimited access for four months, reliable operations, two high speed lifts, good people everywhere you turn plus four days at jay.

I am curious what you think kids passes should cost?
I was letting people know the cost is 399 as no one had posted it yet and it’s the same price for everyone. Just a PSA not a comment on cost.

medfordmike

For Ragged regulars is ski racing as noticeable on a Sunday vs. Saturday? I hit Ragged once a year maybe two. Can’t tell if it is bad timing but I always seem to be there on what I assume to be a big race day on a Saturday. Considering a Ragged pass and dropping Indy to pair with my usual Pico pass. I know it is a big racing mountain. That is fine but since there is no separate lift or can make a difference

thebigo

For Ragged regulars is ski racing as noticeable on a Sunday vs. Saturday? I hit Ragged once a year maybe two. Can’t tell if it is bad timing but I always seem to be there on what I assume to be a big race day on a Saturday. Considering a Ragged pass and dropping Indy to pair with my usual Pico pass. I know it is a big racing mountain. That is fine but since there is no separate lift or can make a difference
If my memory is any good, the mountain hosts 8 races and one freestyle event per year.

Four races are for a boston area high school league, all are on Saturdays and serviced by the six. The kids show up in coach busses and swarm the lodge. One was rescheduled for a sunday this year due to lack of early season snow and a conflict.
One race is a u10 open stubbie held on a saturday, also served by the six. 140 kids were registered this year, I usually work the race, not sure of the lodge situation.
Three races are NHARA ranking events all scheduled for sundays, they are held on yankee with around 100 kids. Would have the least impact on the lodge.
The freestyle event has minimal impact on crowding.

Believe the mountain may host either the u12 or u14 champs next year. Full weekend on yankee in mid march with around 200 kids. Will confirm this weekend.

Last edited:

medfordmike

If my memory is any good, the mountain hosts 8 races and one freestyle event per year.

Four races are for a boston area high school league, all are on Saturdays and serviced by the six. The kids show up in coach busses and swarm the lodge. One was rescheduled for a sunday this year due to lack of early season snow and a conflict.
One race is a u10 open stubbie held on a saturday, also served by the six. 140 kids were registered this year, I usually work the race and am not sure of the lodge situation.
Three races are NHARA ranking events all scheduled for sundays, they are held on yankee with around 100 kids. Would have the least impact on the lodge.
The freestyle event has minimal impact on crowding.

Believe the mountain may host either the u12 or u14 champs next years. Full weekend on yankee in mid march with around 200 kids. Will confirm this weekend.
Much appreciated. Thanks.

Zermatt

For Ikon it looks like renewal discounts and early season pricing ends on 4/21. Much earlier than the past.

KustyTheKlown

Alyeska joined ikon. Makes a one day heli trip plus a few days of resort skiing pretty appealing…

ThatGuy

Always wondered how the skiing in Alaska is with how dark it gets there in the winter, plus alot of the resorts are costal so hows the snow quality, I know they don’t lack at all in quantity…