• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any body know anything about Hunter???

cdskier

So after exchanging a couple of emails with K customer service, I can confirm that they have done away with the resort charge feature linked to the season pass as you describe.

Doing away with that and going cashless seems to be a very odd combination of things to do in parallel.

Yea...that's an odd combination for sure and doesn't seem very logical.

PAabe

I use cash at small businesses like my ski shop so that they don't have to eat the credit card processing fees going to big evil banking corp, which can be upwards of 3%. I do cash tips when I can rather than card so folks can... choose how much to report to the boss... but seriously some tip sharing/skimming schemes are ridiculous. There is also then less opportunity for credit card skimming or fraud, and less databases with my card transactions in them.

Chains and big companies like Vail I couldn't care less about them paying those fees and am happy to use my credit card to build credit and get rewards.

skiur

many Banks charge fees for large cash deposits now. Businesses have to pay either an accountant or employee to count cash as well so paying with cash is saving the company CC fees but it is pretty much a wash because they have to pay to deposit the cash.

catskillman

Looks like they are shooting for 2 runs - also including Belt Parkway.

Not as interesting as mechanics of credit card payment systems, I know.
Also, from various facebook groups it looks like opening day is Saturday and not tomorrow. Although their web site still has tomorrow.

typical!!

catskillman

On one website Sarah stated that they were looking for "young" employees. If they had any HR at the mountain, she would be in trouble for that discriminatory comment!

cdskier

Well Belleayre is opening tomorrow but Hunter is now stating "as soon as possible" on social media (although the snow report section on their website hasn't been updated since April 10th...impressive!)

catskillman

1. Conditions are quite good
2. Expect crowds this weekend
3. Rain could be devestating
4. Food prices have gone up even more!
5. Bar prices have gone up also, with a 18% tip added automatically
6. Scanners seem to be running slow.
7. A lot of new faces
8. Ski school has new jackets
9. There is an all terrain vehicle that they are driving around on the slopes while the mountain is open
10. Something / confusion is going on in the $$ locker room. Apparently things were taken from lockers over the summer, and they are cutting back on availibility etc. Heard lift line chatter on 2 days about this, but do not have absolute details.
11. No pay parking yet that I have seen.
12. Overlook should open today, nothing on the west side

Stay tuned.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

1. Conditions are quite good
2. Expect crowds this weekend
3. Rain could be devestating
4. Food prices have gone up even more!
5. Bar prices have gone up also, with a 18% tip added automatically
6. Scanners seem to be running slow.
7. A lot of new faces
8. Ski school has new jackets
9. There is an all terrain vehicle that they are driving around on the slopes while the mountain is open
10. Something / confusion is going on in the $$ locker room. Apparently things were taken from lockers over the summer, and they are cutting back on availibility etc. Heard lift line chatter on 2 days about this, but do not have absolute details.
11. No pay parking yet that I have seen.
12. Overlook should open today, nothing on the west side

Stay tuned.
Overlook now open - so up to 5 distinct runs now

Kingslug20

We shall see tomorrow...
Scratch that..I'm out

Last edited:

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
Any update? Not sure what you mean by "$$ Locker room"? Maybe High Peaks?

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Belt was scratchy but softened
Overlook had large cookies and wasn't pleasant
Hellgate was groomed flat great surface
Minya had some soft bumps left on it and was spring like by 11.
Bluebird day with nice variety.
Best November day I have had at Hunter all around

Kingslug20

Wanted to go..but 2.5 hour drive..and a weekend...
Probably should have gone...