• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

August 1st

4aprice

Im a creature of habit (good or bad?). Every ski season as soon as March comes around the last 6 weeks of the season are spent talking and planning summer activities. Well August is the opposite of March and its time to start talking and planning the ski season. Know that after a season off I will be returning to Utah the last week in March so the airfare search starts this week. Know that my son will be racing the PA Cup again this year so its another year at the homestead (CBK) with at least 3 days at Elk Mt and Blue Mt and another 2 in W Pa or Maryland (rumor has it Wisp for a race). Know daughter will be working at Killington again this season so I'll be there a couple of times as well. Time has come to keep my eyes on Billskis's annual Skiing on the Cheap thread and plan other adventures. Just over 100 days till the ski's touch the snow. The stoke factor rises starting today.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

RENO

I always think about it to a point and I'm always shopping online for winter stuff throughout the summer because of great leftover deals, but I don't really start counting down and planning my western excursion(s) until sometime in September.

jaytrem

Never too early to start planning!!! I already have me a flight home from Jackson Hole, and a SUV reserved. Now if the miles to get out there would drop I'd be all set. The SUV is only $290 total for the week. The early bird often gets the worm when it comes to car rental. So even if I think there a slight chance I'll be going some where I'll book the car, can always cancel later.

Careful what you wish for! Early snow can often lead to lean snow falls. Remember last year? :dontknow:

Riverskier

I think about skiing every day year round. Boyne's season (my season) runs on average from about 10/31 to 5/1. Therefore, we are pretty much exactly at the half way point of the off season. Always a milestone for me, and a good feeling when we get over that hump. The jones really goes into overdrive around mid September. Not much planning for me though, as I do all of my skiing locally (for the next few years anyway...) and my pass is already paid for.

Anklebiter

Just booked our New Hampshire trip today.

Finally, sat down with DW and looked at my work calendar against the kids school calendar. We ended up booking the week before President's weekend in Lincoln, NH. Will probably only ski Loon one day, during the week. Other ski days will be Cannon, Bretton Woods and maybe a trip over to Vermont. I'm not going to worry about the particulars, right now. I'm just glad to have it booked.