• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Damage Reports?

chuckstah

Loon skied great today. Nice April day. Didn't lose any terrain but nats and woods are toast although still a thin natural base. Lots of slush around that will be tomorow skating rink.

Attachments

• 1456435567030.jpg
    1456435567030.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 273
  • 1456435585720.jpg
    1456435585720.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 273

Cannonball

Cannon today was a mix of dirt, pock-marked glacier surfaces, sheer blue ice, and an occasional nice spring turn.

I left just before 2pm because it started sprinkling. I thought it would be clearer South of the Notch so I relocated to Loon. What it was raining much harder...

chuckstah

I started skiing Loon just after 2pm today. It was pouring by then. Pretty miserable actually.

I left just before 2, had a great day on N. Peak in the whales. Hit some light showers driving south shortly after that.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Best picture on WCAX from the NEK of Vermont....yes, those are beer cans:

9968001_G.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
So here in the NEK we got a lot of rain last night. Flooding in the area. Has been snowing now for about two hours or so. Maybe 1/2". Of course the Vermont AOT plow just went roaring by...plowing bare pavement. #can'tmakethisstuffup

VTKilarney

So here in the NEK we got a lot of rain last night. Flooding in the area. Has been snowing now for about two hours or so. Maybe 1/2". Of course the Vermont AOT plow just went roaring by...plowing bare pavement. #can'tmakethisstuffup

Gotta get that overtime!

BenedictGomez

Your VT tax dollars at work.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Your VT tax dollars at work.

Not my tax dollars....me and my wife's "revenue" left the state in 2011 because things are out of control here. So did our other contributions...oh wait, they only wanted our money.

I've been back for my visit now about 24 hours and the State of New Hampshire has made out pretty well off of me so far. Flight into MHT, rental SUV from NH, meals in NH, gas in NH. Vermont has so far gotten maybe $1.20 in sales tax from me. Tomorrow I am going with the original trailboss and his wife to Littleton for lunch since Burke is an icy wet mess.

Took a drive around the area this morning. Sheffield and Wheelock are pretty sad looking right now with lots of run down homes, shanties, and trailers. Appalachia actually. Not what it was like when I grew up here. But that is the Vermont dream, right? Run out the middle class?

steamboat1

Poured at K from late afternoon yesterday through the night. About an hour & a half of good weather this morning before the skies opened up again at 10:30. Certain areas were still decent this morning other areas took a big hit.

wtcobb

Lots of flooding in Lisbon, Littleton, Franconia. 302 in Lisbon washed out. I almost flooded my car pulling into a parking lot last night. By 10PM it had switched to snow, and picked up maybe an inch or so. Cannon's reporting 3-5" - though MWOBS states 2.8".

Very windy this morning too - the exposed section of my driveway was stripped bare and rime like.