• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Day tickets going through the roof in Vermont

KustyTheKlown

In that region there’s A-Basin and then everything else. But I’d take everything else over copper. Maybe copper over Vail. They’re both incredibly boring if you’re looking for anything more adventurous than mild intermediate. If I recall correctly @Zand will agree re:copper

Zand

There's SOME decent stuff at Copper off the very top and down by Super Bee. But the vast majority of it is Okemo west. If you like groomers but not as posh as Vail and Breck it's a great place. I was missing Winter Park a lot when went there.

NYSnowflake

The Vail and Alterra mountains are no longer participating in offering our ski club discounted tickets for day bus trips. The OC Ski Club has been running day busses every Friday and Sunday for over 60 years and has thousands of members, and now the resorts are rejecting their business. Even Bromley doesn't want to play anymore. It’s destroying the club and this unique community of skiers.

chuckstah

In that region there’s A-Basin and then everything else. But I’d take everything else over copper. Maybe copper over Vail. They’re both incredibly boring if you’re looking for anything more adventurous than mild intermediate. If I recall correctly @Zand will agree re:copper
Loveland? I really enjoy it there.

KustyTheKlown

loveland is actually the only place i havent skied in the i70 + winter park corridor. i may get there this year. epic pass friends live in denver, i am ikon+indy, and we have tentative agreement to meet on neutral ground for a long weekend. tho in reality we prob end up doing a-basin, breck or keystone, and loveland, so we each end up paying 2 days and getting 1 pass day

deadheadskier

Staff member
The Vail and Alterra mountains are no longer participating in offering our ski club discounted tickets for day bus trips. The OC Ski Club has been running day busses every Friday and Sunday for over 60 years and has thousands of members, and now the resorts are rejecting their business. Even Bromley doesn't want to play anymore. It’s destroying the club and this unique community of skiers.

That's such a bummer. Like you said, a unique community of skiers. I think resorts should be doing everything they can to attract and expand upon these groups. Pennywise and pound foolish to turn such groups away

thetrailboss

Staff member
Very sad but not at all surprising. Their strategy is only the four-letter pass at the expense of everything else in terms of discounts and deals. The hidden costs of a discounted multi-mountain pass.

NYSnowflake

There’s still a few hold outs left. Killington/Pico, Sugarbush, and Stratton I still have love for the ski clubs…. With Killington/Pico being by far the most generous with the number of days available.

http://www.njssc.org/wp-content/uploads/Killington-Pico-2021-2022-Ski-Council-Appreciation-Days.pdf

http://www.njssc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021-2022-Stratton-Ski-Council-Discount-Days.pdf

http://www.njssc.org/wp-content/uploads/Council-Awareness-Days_flyer_202122.pdf
In previous years the mountains sold tickets to our club for between $33 and $45 per day. The prices now are double, triple, or more than they were in 2019. OC ski club didn’t run off awareness days, they negotiated their own schedule and pricing with the mountains. That has all changed and the club is struggling to adapt. We have started renting out Plattekill for whole days and that has been successful. Thankfully multiday ski vacations are still available at good rates.

Cobbold

In previous years the mountains sold tickets to our club for between $33 and $45 per day. The prices now are double, triple, or more than they were in 2019. OC ski club didn’t run off awareness days, they negotiated their own schedule and pricing with the mountains. That has all changed and the club is struggling to adapt. We have started renting out Plattekill for whole days and that has been successful. Thankfully multiday ski vacations are still available at good rates.
A week ago I was vaguely aware of ski clubs, now a member, just thinking maybe ski clubs needs to adjust their business models or change how they acquire new members, for clubs that have a lodge I think it will be easier than just a club that rents buses for day trips, but what do I know. Has your club considered renting pico? I hear that can rented midweek. Has your club rented plattekill for this upcoming year? And if so what is the date?

NYSnowflake

A week ago I was vaguely aware of ski clubs, now a member, just thinking maybe ski clubs needs to adjust their business models or change how they acquire new members, for clubs that have a lodge I think it will be easier than just a club that rents buses for day trips, but what do I know. Has your club considered renting pico? I hear that can rented midweek. Has your club rented plattekill for this upcoming year? And if so what is the date?
I have not heard about plans to rent out Pico, but I can ask. From what I understand we are still able to get somewhat discounted tickets on day trips to Pico (and I adore Pico!). The OC Ski Club is hosting their winter carnival at Plattekill on Thursday, February 17, 2022. From what I understand, there will also be free private lessons available to all OC club members who pre-register. The lessons will be provided by the OC Ski Club ski school instructors.

abc

There's SOME decent stuff at Copper off the very top and down by Super Bee. But the vast majority of it is Okemo west. If you like groomers but not as posh as Vail and Breck it's a great place. I was missing Winter Park a lot when went there.
Didn’t someone mention (a couple page back) AZ doesn’t represent the skiing demographic? 🤣

Cobbold

I have not heard about plans to rent out Pico, but I can ask. From what I understand we are still able to get somewhat discounted tickets on day trips to Pico (and I adore Pico!). The OC Ski Club is hosting their winter carnival at Plattekill on Thursday, February 17, 2022. From what I understand, there will also be free private lessons available to all OC club members who pre-register. The lessons will be provided by the OC Ski Club ski school instructors.
Is Schenectady ski club part of this rental at plattekill? Pico is one fun place to ski at least in my opinion.

boston_e

What would a typical lift ticket cost to a club member at the discounted club member rate?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Thanks, I didn’t follow your links before. So at $180ish “window” rate, the $90ish for this is still a “good deal” - but even at $90 / day it does not take many days to justify the cost of one of these passes.

5 years ago you could find a ski club ticket at a big mountain VT/NH/ME resort for $50-$60 a day...no pre-purchase required. The olden years lol. I distinctly remember Mount Snow would give you the group rate price just by showing your club membership card...it was something like $45 midweek and $60-$70 weekends.

ThatGuy

5 years ago you could find a ski club ticket at a big mountain VT/NH/ME resort for $50-$60 a day...no pre-purchase required. The olden years lol. I distinctly remember Mount Snow would give you the group rate price just by showing your club membership card...it was something like $45 midweek and $60-$70 weekends.
My high school ski clubs yearly trip to Mt. Snow was like $50 a person I’m sure that deal is long gone.

BenedictGomez

Maybe they are looking at the climate science and have decided to get everything they can while we still have regular winters.

They gotta be looking at the predictions and making plans based around them. You’d be foolish to not be.

Corporations do not have 100 year plans.