• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Highest point?

Geoff

Considering Geoff himself, as someone that skied the area in question, was under the impression that lift serviced was to 13k... I think it is a reasonable doubt to suggest and I don't doubt Geoff's sincerity in his explanation. It seems to me that Geoff is not calling into question people's integrity but rather their understanding of the facts... from personal experience.

Yeah, but it's way easier to flame me...

I've been in the parking lot but I've never made it to A Basin. I'm not a big fan of I-70 skiing and usually try to get farther from the Denver day tripper crowd.

Geoff

Sorry, dude. This reads pretty matter of fact and condescending to me:

But I guess I read it wrong. I apologize..

Apology accepted. ...and I was indeed calling you out for flaming me. I've done it a couple 'o times and I apologize for doing it. We both need to count to 10 before hitting the 'submit reply' button from time to time.

bvibert

Staff member
Yeah, but it's way easier to flame me...

I've been in the parking lot but I've never made it to A Basin. I'm not a big fan of I-70 skiing and usually try to get farther from the Denver day tripper crowd.

I wasn't flaming you. My point was that not everyone's answer was from somewhere they have skied. You did say you were questioning most people's claims of over 13K...

cbcbd

18,997' Cayambe, Ecuador on a volcano climbing trip in '05.

Would've made 20,565' on Chimborazo but we had to turn around... ones of the guys wasn't doing too well. We weren't sure of our elevation when we turned but we were only about an hour from the summit... probably low 19s but who knows.

As for skiing... well, I've never skied in CO, UT, or the Alps so it's last weekend at @10K ft at Muir on Rainier.

Last edited:

campgottagopee

Apology accepted. ...and I was indeed calling you out for flaming me. I've done it a couple 'o times and I apologize for doing it. We both need to count to 10 before hitting the 'submit reply' button from time to time.

WUSSY:grin::smash::grin:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

bvibert

Staff member
The highest elevation I've been is probably the base of Big Sky, ~7,500 (we were there in the spring for vacation after the lifts closed). Other than that I guess the top of Washington.