• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Making Snow Tonight?

They are blowing on Racers! Clairs has no lift and guns lining both sides. It should be sick! Clairs coming online Sunday night.

k123

They are blowing on Racers! Clairs has no lift and guns lining both sides. It should be sick! Clairs coming online Sunday night.

Do you think Clairs will be open on Monday?

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

I have a friends going to Hunter tomorrow Thursday, does anybody think that they snowy and not icy?

millerm277

I have a friends going to Hunter tomorrow Thursday, does anybody think that they snowy and not icy?

Forecast says 7-12in and maybe a little ice during the day tomorrow mixed in with snow.

ScottySkis

Go to Mad River Glen.

They don't need to blow snow.

Only sissy mountains do that.

My Friends is going to Bell in the Catskills, I told them the forecast and that I recommend Gore, or Platty, but they said last night it would be Bell.
Sent from my ADR6410LVWb using Tapatalk 2

dmc

We have ove 10" of fresh on the ground now...

Tell your friend to enjoy Bell Scotty...
And don't feel like you need to justify yourself to "steamboat1" attempts to make others feel less than adequate.. For some reason he feels inclined to blast other areas to make his life choices seem like the best choice...

I don't feel that way... Everyone enjoy !!! I'm heading out to ride the fresh...

dmc

Snowy... But you wouldn't believe that icy and nasty crowded Hunter could be like that.... So tell them to go to Bell or Platty for sure... :)

ScottySkis

We have ove 10" of fresh on the ground now...

Tell your friend to enjoy Bell Scotty...
And don't feel like you need to justify yourself to "steamboat1" attempts to make others feel less than adequate.. For some reason he feels inclined to blast other areas to make his life choices seem like the best choice...

I don't feel that way... Everyone enjoy !!! I'm heading out to ride the fresh...

They like the Cats it is only half hour away from were my friends GF lives, and he only skis a few times a season so he does not need to go to VT unless its a few days up their, thanks DMC I hope your out having fun to.:razz:

dmc

Clairs was great... Whitecloud was nice too.. Great day...

millerm277

Was Clairs was officially open from the top?

No. As usual at Hunter, if it was possible to ski, they just stuck a single Closed sign in the ground and let you figure out if you felt like finding out why it's closed. Clairs and White Cloud were both technically closed, as was Racer's, although I think Racer's opened late in the day. Gun Hill was open on natural.

ScottySkis

Snowy... But you wouldn't believe that icy and nasty crowded Hunter could be like that.... So tell them to go to Bell or Platty for sure... :)

Glad you had a great day, my friend and his Gf chose Bell on their own, I mentioned Hunter to them but not Platty, because their official trail count was not much.