• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter's lifts...........or lack of now!!

catskillman

If you noticed all of the recent updates only address the 6 pack flyer, they ignore the F lift conviently. Rumor has it the F list is Toast....

Any other intel???

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
Ok time to VENT!!! I was there today, at 10:24 the fedex truck showed up unloaded this "part" that was moved to the six via forklift.......by 2;00 still no six! Find out now oops that didn't fix it! Next part due later tonight or early tomorrow that will surely fix the problem! As for the "F" seems the motor that they got for it last year is to small to handle the load (brought cheaper one to save money?) No mention of fixing that! They've marked out the new trails over by wayout because "lets do that instead of FIXING THE SHIT WE HAVE NOW THAT'S BROKE!! We also have grass, dirt and giant patches of ice all over the mtn, because they didn't make the snow when they had the chance (again to save $)??? And last be not least Jerry at the bar is an asshole! but JON we love you!!!

drjeff

Or the other version.... Mechanical stuff wears out and breaks from time to time... Pretty sure that 0.0% of ski areas want ANYTHING lift wise to break down just before Presidents week....

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Creakyknees

RichT, could you give us an update on Friday. If the six is not running on Saturday it's going to be a sh*t show.

kingslug

Time to change your local mountain...Although to what I don't know. Mt Snow is closest. Hell, I changed mine to Stowe regardless of the insane drive.

Funky_Catskills

Doug, I hope for you he's a better neighbor then he is a bartender. Guy's got attitude problems!

He's a great neighbor! His house is really nice - like Martha Stewart nice... :)

But - you'll ALWAYS see me waiting for Jon... Jon is my bartender... always...

cdskier

The snow report says the Flyer will still not be running today. Hope they get it up by tomorrow for people that plan to ski this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if many people planning to go up this weekend aren't even aware it has been down several days this week.

zyk

Time to change your local mountain...Although to what I don't know. Mt Snow is closest. Hell, I changed mine to Stowe regardless of the insane drive.

If the Belleayre midweek pass included Gore that would be my move. Although I've had that thought for awhile now not just because of this mess.

Abominable

awesome... Best bartender ever...

Hear hear! It's been fifteen years since I was a tour bus dude bringing people by the dozens to Hunter, but spent a lot of quality time at that bar back then, and even now every other year or so when I make it back always stop in and always glad to see Jon behind the bar.

Funky_Catskills

Hear hear! It's been fifteen years since I was a tour bus dude bringing people by the dozens to Hunter, but spent a lot of quality time at that bar back then, and even now every other year or so when I make it back always stop in and always glad to see Jon behind the bar.

I tip him at Christmas... Tell him he's part of my team. :)

Smellytele

Not sure I would want my tour bus dude in the bar...

rtjcbrown

I was never the biggest fan of Hunter, but I always admired the way they ran their operation, and handled the masses. Seems like things have gone south since the sale.