• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow 21-22 Season

SLyardsale

Is that Olympic? If so man it's gotten a lot narrower than I remember it. It's been a ton of years since I've been there, 10 maybe?
its big dipper. I was out all morning today. They have left many of the naturals open today but they are pretty locked up. Big Dipper was roped off however

SLyardsale

around 2" to start and some big squalls all day. most everything back in play with some nice woods rejuvenated a bit. looks like snow making expansion concludes soon with ego alley - not sure on plans for ripcord

IMG_3175.jpg

drjeff

around 2" to start and some big squalls all day. most everything back in play with some nice woods rejuvenated a bit. looks like snow making expansion concludes soon with ego alley - not sure on plans for ripcord

View attachment 56339

I know, or more appropriately, my son saw directly, they did start making some snow on Ripcord about 10 days ago.

Plus the Glade-iator is on the Events Calendar for the 1st Saturday in April and scheduled for Ripcord.. time will tell I guess

jaytrem

Plus the Glade-iator is on the Events Calendar for the 1st Saturday in April and scheduled for Ripcord.. time will tell I guess

Cool, got a link? I can't find it for some reason.

drjeff

Cool, got a link? I can't find it for some reason.
One of my friends, who is one of the bump coaches for the mountain competition program, mentioned it at a party a few weeks back.

I figured that he might have some decent knowledge about it

jaytrem

One of my friends, who is one of the bump coaches for the mountain competition program, mentioned it at a party a few weeks back.

I figured that he might have some decent knowledge about it
Got it, thanks. I might actually be around for it this year if it's April 1st. Seems like I'm always on a trip somewhere that weekend.

ThatGuy

Just was on Ripcord about halfway down the last pitch when I look up and see a woman come flying over the lip screaming. Dove in front of her with my skis on and knocked her off the course for the trees she was headed to then retrieved her skis. Somehow she was on her feet walking at the bottom and said it was just her shoulder hurt, but if you saw the fall and slide you would have thought it was going to be a different scene. Probably going 45+ mph hitting moguls like jumps the last 200 yards.

pinion

Just was on Ripcord about halfway down the last pitch when I look up and see a woman come flying over the lip screaming. Dove in front of her with my skis on and knocked her off the course for the trees she was headed to then retrieved her skis. Somehow she was on her feet walking at the bottom and said it was just her shoulder hurt, but if you saw the fall and slide you would have thought it was going to be a different scene. Probably going 45+ mph hitting moguls like jumps the last 200 yards.

You got the Mt Snow weekend experience on a Monday. Congrats!

MikeW

A number of years ago I was skiing with my son and his friend, who though athletic was just an ok skier. My son was going pretty fast down Plummet, he made the turn at the bottom, his friend blew through the rope on Little Steep, which was closed-all icy bumps-total yard sale. I was following, and all i could think of was oh sh*t, what am i going to tell his mother. But when we met him at the bottom, he got up, brushed himself off, and was fine. That's what you can do when you're 20 years old!

pinion

C28B1EAB-FF06-4D6F-8826-CC94F366F9B6.jpegFirst day at Snow this season. Place is in rough shape. Couple that with drizzle and mashed potatoes on bottom half of the mountain. Made the best of it but called it at 10:45 after 10 runs. Big fan of the Sundance and Sunbrook lift upgrades though. Won’t get back here until late March, hope they get some snow.

SLyardsale

another under-performer today, but at least some of the naturals are finally fun to be on - ledge, choke, OMT, uncles - good. a rope across big dipper - but that one needs wind help to load it in

Ledge
IMG_3194.jpg

Uncles

IMG_3195.jpg

drjeff

This is going to be fun today! Easily over a foot as of about 6:45AM and still snowing at a good clip!
20230304_063403.jpg

Reactions: Edd

SLyardsale

never touched the main base lifts today - heard about some issues early on there- started 805 via Sundance to Sunbrook to Northface and remained there until coming back to put in some laps on sundance - tracked out quick. woods busy too - managed fine though
IMG_3198.jpg