• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Permanent Industry Changes in the Post-COVID World

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Planker

That's interesting. I was vaccinated at a Mass General Brigham facility in Mass and they provided me a CDC card.
I was Tufts Med Cntr, very early on. Maybe the cards didn't exist in December ??
Have documentation, Just no CDC card

boston_e

Temperature checks, last I saw any data on the subject, didn't seem particularly effective against covid-19--the reporting I saw indicated that something like 2/3 of the patients hospitalized for covid at participating facilities never showed a significant fever.

However, if your temperature is over 100 degrees, that seems to suggest that perhaps you shouldn't be congregating with other people, whether the fever is covid-related or not.

You hit the nail on the head.... 5 to 10 years ago the attitude in manufacturing was very much "tough it out and get to work", now it has changed to "we don't want sick people bringing stuff into our plant" regardless of if the fever is from covid or the flu or some other virus etc.

abc

Or we could just wear collars.
"Could"? We already do!

It's a thin, rectangular piece of metal frame with glass on one side... it's call a cell phone!

When was the last time you leave home without it? How many go to shower without having it nearby?

Your whereabout is always known to an ever seeing eye. What you buy, what you eat, who you contact... all are known to an ever present super being up above in "the cloud"...

All those talk about "slippery slope" or "control over us"... just make me laugh

raisingarizona

Temperature checks, last I saw any data on the subject, didn't seem particularly effective against covid-19--the reporting I saw indicated that something like 2/3 of the patients hospitalized for covid at participating facilities never showed a significant fever.

However, if your temperature is over 100 degrees, that seems to suggest that perhaps you shouldn't be congregating with other people, whether the fever is covid-related or not.
As the crew leader I had to do temperature checks of my crew when we were doing the heart trail project last year.

one of my crew members during debrief asked the CPC if the rectal thermometer was really necessary. Man I wish I could have seen her face. The kid that said that is really funny and has a hell of a good poker face.

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
"Could"? We already do!

It's a thin, rectangular piece of metal frame with glass on one side... it's call a cell phone!

When was the last time you leave home without it? How many go to shower without having it nearby?

Your whereabout is always known to an ever seeing eye. What you buy, what you eat, who you contact... all are known to an ever present super being up above in "the cloud"...

All those talk about "slippery slope" or "control over us"... just make me laugh
My cell phone is never glued to my hand. I leave home without it frequently.

Nothing on or about that device can't wait until later. I'm lucky I'm retired so I'm too busy living life!

And who is talking about slippery slopes or control? Other than you?

raisingarizona

Drama queen energy right there.🤣
Hmmm, we’ll see.

everyone’s willingness, compliance and more importantly the shaming on those that are questioning the current events and possible outcomes is definitely alarming imo. Im seeing a lot of very soft and mailable sheep energy out there.

don’t mistaken my post with the anti science or anti vaccine crowd. That’s not my point. The social experiment that’s happening right now is what I’m concerned with watching. It’s pretty obvious how easily it would be for those with power to manipulate and control the majority with promises of safety.

its not a whole lot different then getting people to work their lives away with the promise of ten last “golden years” for comfort using the fear of old age and death.

Last edited:

Edd

Hmmm, we’ll see.

everyone’s willingness, compliance and more importantly the shaming on those that are questioning the current events and possible outcomes is definitely alarming imo. Im seeing a lot of very soft and mailable sheep energy out there.

don’t mistaken my post with the anti science or anti vaccine crowd. That’s not my point. The social experiment that’s happening right now is what I’m concerned with watching. It’s pretty obvious how easily it would be for those with power to manipulate and control the majority with promises of safety.

its not a whole lot different then getting people to work their lives away with the promise of ten last “golden years” for comfort using the fear of old age and death.
My sense of things is everyone hates this, except the homebodies/introverts. We all want the same thing eventually. I guess the real disagreements come in the speed of returning to normalcy. Personally, I want the masks off no later than summer. I wear a mask for 12 hours a day at work, and I hate it.

But, I don’t feel oppressed or controlled. We’re not there yet.

raisingarizona

My sense of things is everyone hates this, except the homebodies/introverts. We all want the same thing eventually. I guess the real disagreements come in the speed of returning to normalcy. Personally, I want the masks off no later than summer. I wear a mask for 12 hours a day at work, and I hate it.

Absolutely, we aren’t there yet but it does seem telling of what could be.

12 hours a day? Ugh, that sucks. Sorry man. Hopefully by summer it’s over with. I’m worried that a lot of people will have a hard time moving forward. Hopefully not.

rebel1916

I'm a CO. All of the important parts of my job involve communication. Often with agitated or unbalanced people. Often in noisy environments. Often under stress. I can assure you that the mask makes my job much harder. I can't wait to be done with em, but I foresee at least another summer.

jimk

I'm a CO.
EUE9cZ4XYAEc33h.jpg

I bet you had to deal with some scary covid outbreak situations?!?

spiderpig

eryone’s willingness, compliance and more importantly the shaming on those that are questioning the current events and possible outcomes is definitely alarming imo. Im seeing a lot of very soft and mailable sheep energy out there.
Do they get shepherded to the post office by dogs or does that scare the mailmen?

dblskifanatic

Now that's a slippery slope! ;)

Worrying about people who wouldn't take off their mask! Do you worry a family member who sprang an ankle refuse to ever walk again?

I know some people that have health issues and they are traumatized and do not dare to leave their home fearing that there could be something else out there that is bad, while my wife and I are on the opposite spectrum.

rebel1916

I bet you had to deal with some scary covid outbreak situations?!?
My place had some stretches that got kinda busy but we have been lucky overall. Some other places got overwhelmed at times. Fortunately none of the NYS prisons were ever in a situation where there were large numbers of deaths, either staff or inmates.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I know some people that have health issues and they are traumatized and do not dare to leave their home fearing that there could be something else out there that is bad, while my wife and I are on the opposite spectrum.

My dad was too scared to go out other than necessary with COVID and now he's fearful of the vaccine...only wants the JnJ and is waiting til he can only get that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.