• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Permanent Industry Changes in the Post-COVID World

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoseek

I live in NH for two winters now and have been fine. Then again I'm driving highways mostly to ski and it hasn't exactly been all that stormy except for that one back in December. That was some dicey shit for sure...

rebel1916

I live in NH for two winters now and have been fine. Then again I'm driving highways mostly to ski and it hasn't exactly been all that stormy except for that one back in December. That was some dicey shit for sure...
Gotten stuck on framerails twice on dirt roads. Both times hunting fortunately, so I had guys with trucks nearby.

snoseek

Gotten stuck on framerails twice on dirt roads. Both times hunting fortunately, so I had guys with trucks nearby.
Oh you mean real hunting. I thought you were talking pow hunting. Yeah Ive bottomed in my impreza plenty of times on dirt roads.

flakeydog

It is pretty but purposeful for off-road. I’m surprised they didn’t do this a long time ago.
I think they did back in 95-96 when they introduced the Outback.

sub_96.JPG
but good for them to continue the evolution, looks cool!

Edd

I think they did back in 95-96 when they introduced the Outback.

View attachment 51379
but good for them to continue the evolution, looks cool!
That ad represents what they’ve always marketed about every Outback. This new Wilderness version has skid plates, higher ground clearance, and a bunch of other stuff beyond the standard model. Basically, they’re selling what off-road nerds do with aftermarket modifications to standard Outbacks.

dblskifanatic

My biggest concern is the idea that mask wearing will become a thing. Massachusetts lifted the mask mandate outdoors as well as other states and people are still wearing masks as they walk around outside and while driving - I did not follow that mandate while outside in the first place.

snoseek

My biggest concern is the idea that mask wearing will become a thing. Massachusetts lifted the mask mandate outdoors as well as other states and people are still wearing masks as they walk around outside and while driving - I did not follow that mandate while outside in the first place.
Does it really matter enough to concern though? It doesn't really affect you. Lots of mask wearing in exeter still which I assume the town still has their own mandate. When the local mandates are lifted and numbers virtually gone the mask thing will fade. Until then who cares?

I'll probably where one into the airport going forward

icecoast1

With the new CDC guidelines, you would think anyone claiming to follow the science would lift the mandates for those who have received the vaccine, but then again it hasnt been about the science and objectivity for many since the beginning

I don't get why is that a concern at all?
My first post, lol. I think it's a concern because of all the shaming that was going on against people outside not wearing masks and these people may expect others to wear masks when it's not mandated. Happened to me in Colorado when the Governor said no more outside mask mandates and the Mountain I was skiing at said they had no more outside mask mandates. Two people on the lift asked me to put a mask on, I said no thanks.

jt10000

My first post, lol. I think it's a concern because of all the shaming that was going on against people outside not wearing masks and these people may expect others to wear masks when it's not mandated. Happened to me in Colorado when the Governor said no more outside mask mandates and the Mountain I was skiing at said they had no more outside mask mandates. Two people on the lift asked me to put a mask on, I said no thanks.
The shaming seems legit when we didn't know for sure how the disease is transmitted. In a time of that uncertainty, with something that's killed 580K, it makes sense.

My fear now is that people will rag on me for wearing a mask outside. Masks have plenty of other benefits than just preventing the spread of covid, and I'm certainly going to wear one a lot.

And frankly given how much I think people will lie about their vaccination status, I wish we had mandates indoors for a long long time. Outdoors there is no need for that.

The shaming seems legit when we didn't know for sure how the disease is transmitted. In a time of that uncertainty, with something that's killed 580K, it makes sense.

My fear now is that people will rag on me for wearing a mask outside. Masks have plenty of other benefits than just preventing the spread of covid, and I'm certainly going to wear one a lot.

And frankly given how much I think people will lie about their vaccination status, I wish we had mandates indoors for a long long time. Outdoors there is no need for that.
That's fine, you have your opinion. I don't care who wears a mask and who doesn't, never did. I also don't care if someone lies about their vaccination status because it's not yet FDA approved and expecting someone to get a vaccine that is still under emergency protection is no ones business but that persons. We all need to stop forcing our own opinions on other people.

Reading this thread makes me wonder why some people are so quick to give up some of our luxuries, lol. Yes I can boot up in my car, no I don't want to. The amount of money I spend at ski resorts I want some of those luxuries. Many places on the East Coast have lounges, I've found out skiing in Colorado they most likely don't have them. That's fine, but the East is much colder and crappier conditions. I look at it as we pay for it, you may think your money is just for the lift pass, I don't. I've seen parents tending to 4 or so small kids, not fun, so I'm sure they appreciate the lounge.

I do think some businesses will take advantage of this Covid thing, once they realize they can make just as much money while cutting back on certain services they will continue with it. The pendulum will eventually swing back because customers will demand it and the places that listen will get more of those customers. I mean look, McDonalds keeps bringing back the McRib! lol

Wow, you sure showed them. Did you cough in their faces as well ?
You are too dumb to read the posts and why I posted what I did? I'm sorry if you are scared, I'm not wearing a mask for you if there are no mandates. If mask wearers think everyone needs to wear a mask just because it makes them feel safe, sorry to say that won't be happening. Stay home.

jt10000

That's fine, you have your opinion. I don't care who wears a mask and who doesn't, never did. I also don't care if someone lies about their vaccination status because it's not yet FDA approved and expecting someone to get a vaccine that is still under emergency protection is no ones business but that persons. We all need to stop forcing our own opinions on other people.
If they don't want to get a vaccine, I understand, but lying to other people so they can be indoors near those other people possibly helping spread the disease is totally selfish. It's horrendous. You want to be indoors, then do your part to not spread the disease. This is basic human decency.

If they don't want to get a vaccine, I understand, but lying to other people so they can be indoors near those other people possibly helping spread the disease is totally selfish. It's horrendous. You want to be indoors, then do your part to not spread the disease. This is basic human decency.
My point was it is none of your business to ask anyone if they had the vaccine. Maybe they recently had Covid and they are immune? It's not your business. From reading what you wrote you seem to think only vaccinated people will be indoors without masks? You do realize many States are open with no mask mandates? Many businesses are allowing people in with no masks, no vaccine proof? Some people seem to live in their own little world and not understand what's going on in other places. I couldn't care less if people from California or NY don't like what Florida or Texas and other States are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.