• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Permanent Industry Changes in the Post-COVID World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk

I was feeling sick this year so I got tested. Both the rapid and the more accurate lab test that takes 2 days. Both came out negative. In my opinion( and just mine) if you get sick get tested. I go to work everyday and I would not want to come it and get other people sick. So for me getting a result before going back was SOP. Actually before I went back to my regular mtb with friends I waited for the results. It's the kind of a courtesy that should be extended.

Andrew B.

FUD corrections:

1) Everybody who isn't a child who says, "I've never had the flu" has actually had the flu.
2) It is not possible to get the flu from the flu shot.
3) An OTC at-home COVID19 antibody test was approved last month = $129

I know two folks who got Guillain-Barré syndrome from the flu shot and won’t take the vaccine because of that experience. Very un-likely

kingslug

Well if I had the flu I don't remember it. Had pneumonia once and once had something no one knows what it was. Our entire ski group got sick at Whistler. I think that was something in the air ducts in the hotel..worst thing I ever had..heard they had a problem with that.

dblskifanatic

I know two folks who got Guillain-Barré syndrome from the flu shot and won’t take the vaccine because of that experience. Very un-likely

My father may not have had the flu but always got sick as shit shortly after his flu shot.

2Planker

Well if I had the flu I don't remember it. Had pneumonia once and once had something no one knows what it was. Our entire ski group got sick at Whistler. I think that was something in the air ducts in the hotel..worst thing I ever had..heard they had a problem with that.
Hmm sound like Legionaires Disease

kingslug

It knocked out our whole group..I got lucky and it hit me when I got home..so the doctor gives me some medicine with codeine in it..I wake up in the kitchen covered in blood..coming from the hole in my lip when I passed out and hit the counter top with my face...it was just awesome....

boston_e

Circling back to the original topic of this thread.... now that the effectiveness of the vaccines seem to be steering the world back towards "normal", does anyone thing any of the covid related changes to ski resorts will actually be permanent?

The only one i can think of is ticket kiosks maybe, and those were likely making their way in regardless of covid.

Anything else?

Edd

Circling back to the original topic of this thread.... now that the effectiveness of the vaccines seem to be steering the world back towards "normal", does anyone thing any of the covid related changes to ski resorts will actually be permanent?

The only one i can think of is ticket kiosks maybe, and those were likely making their way in regardless of covid.

Anything else?
Pretty sure Gunstock will be limiting day ticket sales to keep crowds down a bit. It was a better experience this year for pass holders as far as that goes.

spiderpig

Anything else?
People requesting to ride the lift alone :rolleyes:

jt10000

Anything else?
I hope more outdoor seating ,more food trucks, more open windows on building and shuttle buses. Not easy, but more space in lodges would be good. I hope added outdoor seating could reduce crowding in lodges.

dblskifanatic

So I pulled this line from a post from someone else months ago

• Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
So the vaccinations have created a false sense of security for many because of the messaging around it like the statement above. Yet more and more people are getting Covid after being vaccinated and there are some bad cases.

Interestingly enough, our son got Covid in basic training last summer (dragged him down for a few days), military was requiring the vaccine and he got the two Moderna doses in May - now about three and a half months later he has Covid again and he is sounding pretty bad and quarantined for a 6th time in 1.5 years.

It was known that the vaccine does not prevent you from getting Covid but the symptoms should be asymptomatic or minimal (like a cold). If that is the case, we should have stayed masked since those vaccinated could become or probably are a silent super spreader under the guise of living life as back to normal.

Many health organizations are now stating that Covid will now be like the flu and will mutate year after year. Heck in the past year there have been several mutations.

Status
Not open for further replies.