• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Permanent Industry Changes in the Post-COVID World

Status
Not open for further replies.

boston_e

Testing has to be for everyone the vaccinated can get covid too! Why does everyone feel like vaccinated can walk around freely and everything is OK. Better off more than likely, But if a vaccinated person gets Covid they are just as much of a spreader as the unvaccinated. In fact in some case are even silent spreaders due to lack of symptoms.
Again, nobody is saying the vaccines are 100%. Contracting and spreading is much less likely among the vaccinated even though it can happen.

Andrew B.

No, he probably shouldn't do that. You also probably shouldn't engage him further either.

I'm not here to play recess monitor though
Good answer
he threatens me with a slap in the face (lol) because he disagrees with my non-violent points of view and your advise is for me to stop engaging him.
makes sense especially when you agree with him, good moderation right there, solid

Andrew B.

Come on man. ...
Grow up for Christ sake. If I wanna see useless profanity laced bickering I'll go to the SR forum
I think you know who i am?
i follow that thread and I haven’t seen anyone threaten to slap anyone let alone the profanity (i could care less, that shows his debating skills) he is spewing. Its the same three-four people (you included) spewing the same points over and over and over.

2Planker

I think you know who i am?
i follow that thread and I haven’t seen anyone threaten to slap anyone let alone the profanity (i could care less, that shows his debating skills) he is spewing. Its the same three-four people (you included) spewing the same points over and over and over.
No, I don't know, or care who you are.
Been @ SR for 35 years, so I'm sure we've crossed paths

Just tired of the childish FU, No U FU...... NO U FU

Enjoy the discussion, but not the 3-4yo antics

Andrew B.

No, I don't know, or care who you are.

Just tired of the childish FU, No U FU...... NO U FU

Enjoy the discussion, but not the 3-4yo antics
You should not care but i am fairly active on that board and i figured you picked up on it.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Good answer
he threatens me with a slap in the face (lol) because he disagrees with my non-violent points of view and your advise is for me to stop engaging him.
makes sense especially when you agree with him, good moderation right there, solid

I said I think what he said was wrong and he probably shouldn't be saying that.

I also think that you are purposely trying to needle him to get a rise out of him as well.

It's kinda like when my 6 year old shoves my 3 year old. The 6 year old is wrong, but most of the time the 3 year old has egged him on.

That's what I see here.

And you also got pretty Agro in asking him to come find you.

And now you come crying to me to do something about it?

All set.

My agreement with his position on vaccines has nothing to do with it.

Andrew B.

I said I think what he said was wrong and he probably shouldn't be saying that.

I also think that you are purposely trying to needle him to get a rise out of him as well.

It's kinda like when my 6 year old shoves my 3 year old. The 6 year old is wrong, but most of the time the 3 year old has egged him on.

That's what I see here.

And you also got pretty Agro in asking him to come find you.

And now you come crying to me to do something about it?

All set.

My agreement with his position on vaccines has nothing to do with it.
You got the ages wrong

dblskifanatic

That’s only for air passengers. Not for land border crossings.

I have not figured out how to do a land crossing from Turk and Caicos which was my initial travel discussion. The point was that if the vaccine is so good then why do they want people to still test for Covid - because they possibly can get covid. So in effect we should all be wearing masks still.

jimmywilson69

there's a lot of unnecessary animosity in the last few pages. I'm all for discussion and we all wont agree all of the time but that doesn't mean that we have to be assholes about it. like I said serious problem with the world in general...

dblskifanatic

Again, nobody is saying the vaccines are 100%. Contracting and spreading is much less likely among the vaccinated even though it can happen.

I know of at least 8 people that have been vaccinated and they have covid just in the past few weeks. That is more than the number of people I know that had in the past 18 months. Pay attention because this will be bigger than everyone on here believes.

2Planker

I know of at least 8 people that have been vaccinated and they have covid just in the past few weeks. That is more than the number of people I know that had in the past 18 months. Pay attention because this will be bigger than everyone on here believes.
That's all DELTA. Way more transmissible than what we were dealing with at this time last year.
Boston ICU's are full, and hospitals are starting to defer "elective procedures".

Folks are starting to throw in the towel. Sad, but not unexpected....

abc

I have not figured out how to do a land crossing from Turk and Caicos which was my initial travel discussion. The point was that if the vaccine is so good then why do they want people to still test for Covid - because they possibly can get covid. So in effect we should all be wearing masks still.
That's cheesy. The original context was this:
"Can" and likely isn't the same thing!
Which is exactly my point and is right on with your not comprehending the difference between "can" vs likely.

The US no longer require all of its citizens returning from Canada to be tested. So your example no longer supports your assertion that vaccinated people "can" get Covid is such a big deal!

abc

I too, know 2 close friends who are double vaccinated and caught Covid afterward. Both recovered quickly and fully. 2-3 days of "cold like symptoms". The guys (who were 70+) were seen playing tennis the following week! His wife, who are also fully vaccinated, didn't even test positive.

I'm "paying attention" but I came to a very different conclusion. While breakthrough infection happens, the outcome was no worse than getting the flu. We never lock down the country for the tens of thousands of flu death every year, we shouldn't do that for Covid either. Especially not for the intentionally unvaccinated!

boston_e

Again the vaccine provides a layer of protection against infection, but it is not 100%. Many areas are still asking people to mask up. That does not mean that vaccines are not effective or that they are not “good”

You seem to be dismissing the vaccine as useless because it is not 100% effective which is a ridiculious position to take.

abc

^ I ran into quite some people who want to run back into their little rabbit hole they've been hiding the past 18 months despite having fully vaccinated. I don't know what to say to them except I'll have more space to roam if they don't come out!

Status
Not open for further replies.