• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2010-11 Thread

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Boston Ski and Board Expo

I know a some of you are looking for "free" at the show, but there are a lot of deals going down for cheap. Hint: check the Facebook pages of the resort you are interested in. Several of them are tipping their hats as to their show offerings. I checked last night and found about a dozen offerings.

Here's one from Wildcat/Attitash, right from Facebook:

See you at The Boston Globe Ski & Snowboard Expo?

If so, you can get a $125 gift card on sale for $100! Gift cards are valid at both Attitash Ski Resort and Wildcat Mountain. Offer is only available at the Ski Show from Thurs., Nov. 11 - Sun., Nov. 14. See complete details at: http://attitash.com/deals.html.

I am going to have to work very hard to resist temptation, some of the deals are pretty attractive.

gmcunni

Free waxing at REI

from their facebook page -

Free Hot Wax for REI members through Nov 17!

Members can visit any REI ski and snowboard shop for one free hot wax on a snowboard or one pair of downhill or cross-country skis.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Ski Tune Up Groupon Deal, 11/11/10

Groupon:

Hand ski tuneup & "buffing pass" (full season access to wax machine) $20 at Ski Haus (Burlington MA, Salem NH)

[FONT=&quot]Without regular polishing, skis can become splintery and produce a smell known to attract romance-starved grizzly bears. Avoid dinner and a movie with the ferocious king of the forest with today’s Groupon: for $20, you get a premium ski tune-up and full-season buffing pass (a $95 value) at Ski Haus, which has locations in Salem and Burlington. Having served the skiing community for more than 44 years, the snow-savvy staff at the Ski Haus know how to tune your skis for smooth, flawless runs down slopes. During a premium tune-up ($45), these seasoned ski whisperers will do a base cleaning, a hand edging and beveling to the manufacturer’s specifications, any minor repairs, a hand polishing, and more. And with the full-season buffing pass ($50), you’ll become a member of the Ski Haus Wax Club and get unlimited use of the Ski Haus’s machine wax (with the option of using 100% eco-friendly wax), so you can stop in and get a fresh wax coat whether you’re heading to the hills of Sugarbush or about to tackle the quadruple black diamonds on Mount Bad Premonition.
[/FONT]

• Expires Mar 1, 2011
  • Limit 5 per person, may buy additional as gifts. No cash value. Tax and gratuity not included. Not valid with other offers.

Last edited:

WJenness

Groupon:

Hand ski tuneup & "buffing pass" (full season access to wax machine) $20 at Ski Haus (Burlington MA, Salem NH)

[FONT=&quot]Without regular polishing, skis can become splintery and produce a smell known to attract romance-starved grizzly bears. Avoid dinner and a movie with the ferocious king of the forest with today’s Groupon: for $20, you get a premium ski tune-up and full-season buffing pass (a $95 value) at Ski Haus, which has locations in Salem and Burlington. Having served the skiing community for more than 44 years, the snow-savvy staff at the Ski Haus know how to tune your skis for smooth, flawless runs down slopes. During a premium tune-up ($45), these seasoned ski whisperers will do a base cleaning, a hand edging and beveling to the manufacturer’s specifications, any minor repairs, a hand polishing, and more. And with the full-season buffing pass ($50), you’ll become a member of the Ski Haus Wax Club and get unlimited use of the Ski Haus’s machine wax (with the option of using 100% eco-friendly wax), so you can stop in and get a fresh wax coat whether you’re heading to the hills of Sugarbush or about to tackle the quadruple black diamonds on Mount Bad Premonition.
[/FONT]

• Expires Mar 1, 2011
  • Limit 5 per person, may buy additional as gifts. No cash value. Tax and gratuity not included. Not valid with other offers.

Thanks!

I just snagged a few of these.

-w

Smellytele

frozencorn

I bought mine at 7AM. 389 have been sold in 2.5 hours. They are gonna be swamped.

For those not familiar, Groupon deals run for one day only. This one is 7AM to midnight 11/11/10.

Yeah, it's up to 458 or something now. Fine print from the ski haus site: the wax club is only on weekdays. Of course, you'll be skiing on them on the weekends anyway.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Whaleback four tx for 99

http://www.lifttickets.com/lift-tickets/specials.php?ID=10

$99 for 4 Lift Tickets ($160 Value - Save $61) at Whaleback (NH)!

expires 11/12/10 @ 1pm.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Where is that "super-duper" special coming from Attitash/wildcat that was to be announced today? I know I am impatient.

Well, here it is. Another frequent skier card. You are pretty much blacked out during holidays.

Vertical Value Frequent Skier Card

Introducing The Vertical Value, our new frequent skier card, valid at Attitash Mountain Resort and Wildcat Mountain.
Pay a one-time activation fee of $79 to get the card and instantly start saving on lift ticket prices.
- Get 50% off non-holiday weekdays
- Get 25% off non-holiday weekends
- Get 10% off on holidays
Valid during the 10/11 ski season. Not to be combined with any other discounts. Snow Guarantee is equal to the cost of the purchase.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
ski show deal

Well, Tweets are good for something, once you learn how to work them. Here's one I harvested:

waterville Boston Ski Expo Special this wknd - Save $59 on a Waterville Valley 5 pack = 1 day free! See Larkin, Conrad or Gregg at the WV booth.

Smellytele

Well, here it is. Another frequent skier card. You are pretty much blacked out during holidays.

Introducing The Vertical Value, our new frequent skier card, valid at Attitash Mountain Resort and Wildcat Mountain.
Pay a one-time activation fee of $79 to get the card and instantly start saving on lift ticket prices.
Valid during the 10/11 ski season. Not to be combined with any other discounts. Snow Guarantee is equal to the cost of the purchase.

That's Crap! :) Hate spending money to save money. I am assuming that one-time activation fee is really annual activation fee. As noted before without the old specials they (Wildcat) are going to lose a lot of skier visits. I would say on their 2fer1 day they will lose more than half which would be their break even point for that day.

Last edited:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com

WOW! A frequent skier card! How original and what an amazing deal!!!!

:spin: