• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2015-16 Edition

Vince

2016 Entertainment book for Greater Boston has a BOGO for an 8 hour Jiminy Peak ticket also a twilight ticket both good weekends but not the usual holidays. Also the same or Otis Ridge.

Boston Bruins have a have a skate and ski deal with Loon. Buy a Bruins ticket $110 get Loon ticket

JAM614

Maine small/mid-sized ski areas working together for discounts. Buy a season pass at any of the following ski areas and receive 1/2 price ski tickets at other participating areas; Black Mountain of Maine, Lost Valley, Mt Abram, Bigrock, Camden Snowbowl, and Titcomb.
Black Mountain is $245 until Dec. 1st.

Robbski

Just took advantage of the Ride and Ski groupon deal with a 20% discount groupon offered (off20). Got it for $20 and change with no lift ticket.

Got to say the pricing is all over the place on their site. A $49.99 deal, full price $52, is at the top of the page then further down the page on the left the list $39.99 with a ticket, $24.99 with no ticket. Then I get a groupon offer at $26 a buck higher than direct from their site ??? If it wasn't for the 20% groupon discount I'd still be scratching my head. I think it's a decent deal at $25 and I've bought the card for the past few years but it's nice to have some price clarity when you are buying stuff from imaginary friends on the intrawebs.

Smellytele

Just took advantage of the Ride and Ski groupon deal with a 20% discount groupon offered (off20). Got it for $20 and change with no lift ticket.

Got to say the pricing is all over the place on their site. A $49.99 deal, full price $52, is at the top of the page then further down the page on the left the list $39.99 with a ticket, $24.99 with no ticket. Then I get a groupon offer at $26 a buck higher than direct from their site ??? If it wasn't for the 20% groupon discount I'd still be scratching my head. I think it's a decent deal at $25 and I've bought the card for the past few years but it's nice to have some price clarity when you are buying stuff from imaginary friends on the intrawebs.

Also no where on their homepage at this moment does it say anything about the weekend tour let alone the locations/dates. Not sure how they can get anyone to buy it with only half the info on their site. Also no lodging info. They seem to be slacking this year.

dlague

Also no where on their homepage at this moment does it say anything about the weekend tour let alone the locations/dates. Not sure how they can get anyone to buy it with only half the info on their site. Also no lodging info. They seem to be slacking this year.

They are not slacking by any means! They spend all summer trying to line things up, then a ski resorts marketing team gets fired or quits, or resorts can't decide whether they are going to open or not, many do not return calls until after Labor Day. etc. Many have been really difficult to work, while others think this is a no brainer. The booklet that comes with the card was due for publishing last Friday and it was stalled due to lack of commitment by some of the resorts and lodging partners.

Quoting myself - I pointed out in an earlier post a few things including what he list of tour stops are going to be. You will also see the list out really soon.

Best deals in the card besides the Saturday tour stops are (because of Sundays):

Jay Peak 2 for 1 Sun-Fri
Waterville 2 for 1 Sun-Fri
Windham 2 for 1 Sun-Fri

There are several other 2 for 1 midweek for Sugarbush, Crotched, Cranmore (pending), Ragged and Shawnee Peak

He has it all worked out schedule wise - Bretton Woods will be one of the tour stops and there will be two Magic stops (one in December on the 26th and one later in the season). He will be announcing soon but will be something to this effect:

Magic
Pats Peak
Sugarbush
Mt Abram
Ragged
Attitash
Bretton Woods
Magic
Black
Burke
(vacation week is here)
Jay Peak
Bolton Valley
Wildcat

Smellytele

They are not slacking by any means! They spend all summer trying to line things up, then a ski resorts marketing team gets fired or quits, or resorts can't decide whether they are going to open or not, many do not return calls until after Labor Day. etc. Many have been really difficult to work, while others think this is a no brainer. The booklet that comes with the card was due for publishing last Friday and it was stalled due to lack of commitment by some of the resorts and lodging partners.

Quoting myself - I pointed out in an earlier post a few things including what he list of tour stops are going to be. You will also see the list out really soon.

I know this but people looking at the groupon deals don't so I am saying I am surprised people would buy a groupon not knowing. Not people on here.

MEtoVTSkier

It's "OFF25" for a price of $19.50 on mine.... kind of a no-brainer purchase I think...

dlague

Any ticket deal for the TGR show tonight? I can't go but just curious

Last time we went there was no mention but it ended up being a SR/SL comp to be used before and including Xmas.

Boston Winter Film Festival was SR comp and K 2 fer

Smellytele

To continue the movie show ticket deals this is a great one for those in the area. Will be here next Sunday on the $40 VIP ticket.

http://www.kristensgift.com/warrenmiller/

The difference between the 20 and 40 dollar tix weren't enough to bump up to the 40 for me.

$40 VIP TICKET ($450.00 value!) $20 REGULAR TICKET ($350.00 value!)
Pat's Peak Mon-Fri Full Day Pass ---
Sugarbush Mon-Fri Full Day Pass Sugarbush Mon-Fri Full Day Pass
Gunstock Two-for-One Pass Gunstock Tue-Fri Evening Pass
Anytime Granite Ticket for Attitash, Wildcat or Crotched Mountain 2-for-1 Granite Ticket for Attitash, Wildcat or Crotched Mountain
Suicide Six Two-for-One Pass Suicide Six Two-for-One Pass
Burke Mountain Mon-Fri Full Day Pass Burke Mountain Mon-Fri Full Day Pass
Ragged Mountain Two-For-One Pass Ragged Mountain Two-For-One Pass
$10 NH Car Inspection from WildCards Automotive in Manchester $10 NH Car Inspection from WildCards Automotive in Manchester

xwhaler

The difference between the 20 and 40 dollar tix weren't enough to bump up to the 40 for me.

$40 VIP TICKET ($450.00 value!) $20 REGULAR TICKET ($350.00 value!)
Pat's Peak Mon-Fri Full Day Pass ---
Sugarbush Mon-Fri Full Day Pass Sugarbush Mon-Fri Full Day Pass
Gunstock Two-for-One Pass Gunstock Tue-Fri Evening Pass
Anytime Granite Ticket for Attitash, Wildcat or Crotched Mountain 2-for-1 Granite Ticket for Attitash, Wildcat or Crotched Mountain
Suicide Six Two-for-One Pass Suicide Six Two-for-One Pass
Burke Mountain Mon-Fri Full Day Pass Burke Mountain Mon-Fri Full Day Pass
Ragged Mountain Two-For-One Pass Ragged Mountain Two-For-One Pass
$10 NH Car Inspection from WildCards Automotive in Manchester $10 NH Car Inspection from WildCards Automotive in Manchester
You are a Pats season pass holder though right? If that midweek voucher does nothing for you I guess it basically comes down to how much you value a Peaks anytime voucher.
I think that is the best part of the entire offering.

I hope to use Peaks, Pats, and Burke vouchers and probably give away the BOGO's. 3 days for $40 is good with me.
Last yr on the $40 bag instead of a Gunstock BOGO it was a Gunstock no blackout voucher! Wonder if that score comes through again?!

Smellytele

I will be doing the Sugarbush and Burke midweek, night skiing at Gunstock and use a couple of the Peaks and Ragged 2 fers and maybe one S6. With 5 of us going 100 vs 200 was the deciding factor.

dlague

You are a Pats season pass holder though right? If that midweek voucher does nothing for you I guess it basically comes down to how much you value a Peaks anytime voucher.
I think that is the best part of the entire offering.

I hope to use Peaks, Pats, and Burke vouchers and probably give away the BOGO's. 3 days for $40 is good with me.
Last yr on the $40 bag instead of a Gunstock BOGO it was a Gunstock no blackout voucher! Wonder if that score comes through again?!

Gunstock and Ragged are close by, I am sure there is someone on this board that would be willing to split the cost of a ticket when you use the BOGOs