• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton Sunday - 3/26/2006

Sparky

I hope to be able to use my vouchers this Sunday. Has anyone been there recently. Is it worth the trip to use up free tickets?

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Hmmm... I have free vouchers as well, very possible, just depends on the conditions. For now, they don't look bad:

Time Of Report: 03/22/2006 6:20amSurface Conditions: PPAverage Base Depth: 24 - 30"Open Terrain: 84%
74 of 91 trails
432 acres
30 miles
8 of 14 lifts
Sugg. Trails: Grooming: 64%; 46 trailsSnow Making Today: NoNight Skiing Tonight: NoTubing: No

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
roark said:
If ya'll have an extra voucher I'd be more than happy to join ya;)

Roark, sorry the vouchers I got were from the web registration thing they had some time ago. Only got one for myself and one for my wife. But hey, be up in Killington Saturday if you're interested.

madskier6

Stratton Conditions

I just skied at Stratton yesterday (Wed. 3/22) and the conditions were very good if smooth, groomed snow with no moguls and very little ice is what you like (only half kidding).

Considering the lousy winter we've had and the lack of snow lately in Southern VT, the snow was excellent. The Intrawest folks really do know how to put down a good surface. You know when you go to Stratton that you'll be riding mostly on blue cruisers with everything groomed and buffed to perfection. Their black diamonds are more like blue squares at most other more challenging places. They have like 2 or 3 runs with moguls on them right now.

I went to Stratton yesterday because I got to ski for FREE becasue I am a Mass resident. I knew when I went that I would be riding mostly cruisers. The snow conditions were very good if you go into it with these types of expectations. I ripped all day going fast on steep cruisiers. It was a very fun day!!

I would not want to go to Stratton all the time since I like more terrain variety. I also can never see myself paying full price there. But skiing very fast on good smooth snow yesterday in good weather was a lot of fun (and a hell of a lot better than being at work)!!

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
OK. I'm going up to VT after work tomorrow so I won't be able to check this site out after 6pm or so. For anyone going up to Stratton Sunday, meeting spot? secret handshake? radio channel?

Vortex

All right Zowi420 came up with an Az radio channel. Can't temember what it was 3 13 maybe? :confused: Alot of help I am. Anyone remember from the Cannon outing. I'll post a sticky so it will be easier to remeber if .... someone tells me..:D :lol:

3-13 it is.... post 134 of the Cannon outing. I did some old post reading.
sticky coming up in misc.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Final Rollcall

There's been a lot of maybe's, so how about a final rollcall, who's up:

I'll be up if enough of people from this site go, otherwise, I may just wind up at Hunter.

highpeaksdrifter

This might be useful to those of you using vouchers on Sunday. I just got back from Stratton and used two vouchers. Walked up to the window and handed them over, the guy didn't ask where the other person was and didn't ask for ID. My son and I had a nice day on the house.

highpeaksdrifter

madskier6 said:
I just skied at Stratton yesterday (Wed. 3/22) and the conditions were very good if smooth, groomed snow with no moguls and very little ice is what you like (only half kidding).

I'm no fan of Stratton. Today was the first time I've been there in 6 or 7 years. Only reason I went was the vouchers. That said, today World Cup and Bear Down had nice, big, soft bumps with great lines. Both where a blast. They even had some glads open, gettin kinda boney though.