• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Toilet paper: Over or Under?

Beetlenut

My aunt, who must have nothing better to do, used to knit these crochet dresses for barbie-doll-type figurines, large enough for the dress to cover the toilet paper roll after inserting the doll's legs in the center of the roll. She made them for everybody. And we all kept them until she passed away....

Wow, we had those at our house too!! Maybe we had the same Aunt. Mine had no kids of her own, so was very artsy. She knitted a platoon of them for all the relatives. Use to see them on top of all my relatives toilets whenever we visited! LoL

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Over.

Funny story. When my significant other started staying over my place many years ago, one time she changed the toilet paper roll. I noticed right away that she did hers under to my over. Somewhat comically and somewhat seriously, I told her that wasn't going to fly in my place and we were about to have our first fight :lol: Needless to say, the toilet paper still always goes over in the household whether or not I change it.

Greg

Staff member
It occurred to me that I never stated my preference: Over. And an interesting observation - it doesn't seem like anyone prefers under. Mostly overs and some I don't cares.... Weird.

Moe Ghoul

Depends on who I want to wipe on more. One side has images of bankrupt financial stock certificates and the other has images of my least favorite public figures. I think there's a market for toilet bowl liners with images on them. Bin laden staring up at me with his mouth open would be pretty funny.

krisskis

As wussy as this sounds, there are some days now when I almost reach for the toddler wipes 1st instead of the TP. It's a refreshing feeling. :rolleyes:

Oh yea...i have a 11 yr old and a 15 yr old and i still have baby wipes in all the bathrooms. Although i did have to tell them to stop throwing them in the toilet when i woke up to sewage in my bathtub beacuse the sewer line was clogged with baby wipes...ewwww.

bvibert

Staff member
Oh yea...i have a 11 yr old and a 15 yr old and i still have baby wipes in all the bathrooms. Although i did have to tell them to stop throwing them in the toilet when i woke up to sewage in my bathtub beacuse the sewer line was clogged with baby wipes...ewwww.

They have flushable wipes now, they're nice...

Trekchick

Okay, whole new topic.............Flushable doesn't mean they should be flushed.

Most of the things(feminine hygene products included) that say flushable, don't necessarily have good properties to break down, which can and will cause issues with "solids" build up in a septic system, and won't necessarily flow well through a sewer pipe.
Most flushable wipes have anti-bacterial agents in them which will, in fact, harm the bacteria level in a septic system, which is not good on a drainfield.
There you have it
There is a lot of stuff I don't know.
But I do know my shit!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Okay, whole new topic.............Flushable doesn't mean they should be flushed.

Most of the things(feminine hygene products included) that say flushable, don't necessarily have good properties to break down, which can and will cause issues with "solids" build up in a septic system, and won't necessarily flow well through a sewer pipe.
Most flushable wipes have anti-bacterial agents in them which will, in fact, harm the bacteria level in a septic system, which is not good on a drainfield.
There you have it
But I do know my shit!
Good thing we don't have a septic system! :p Even the flushable wipes say only to use 1 or 2 per flush.

I will say one thing... ANY way is better than having none when you need it. We just ran out. Using tissues is just not the same.

wa-loaf

I like over, but it can create quite a mess when a 2 year old gets to it. It just spins if you do under.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

There you have it
But I do know my shit!

They find alligators down there too.

wa-loaf

I heard once that hotels prefer UNDER because the roll does not move as readily and saves them paper costs. Hmm.........

Have you ever gotten one of those rolls that only allow one or two rotations and then they lock up. F-in a**holes, like two sheets is enough for anyone. :smash:

Grassi21

I never thought to use the toddler wipes. we keep them on top of the toilet for the girls.

i woulda went through the whole package though. those things are rather small.

CAN YOU SPARE A SQUARE

regular TP for the heavy lifting followed by a nice soothing wet wipe to finish. nothing better for combating swamp ass.