• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Used snowmaking - who knows who in Northeast?

FBGM

Hi. After being out of the ski business for the last 6 years we have made some life moves. East coast again now. (Parents get old, you move back to help - full circle of life here I guess)

Anyway, I’m running a very small private/public ski area. Blip on radar type place. I’m the first person In probably over 10 years to have any ski knowledge coming in here. So lots of crazy stuff going on with not a lot of time here in fall.

With that being said, I’d love to know if anyone has some northeast connections for used snowmaking stuff. Used snowmaking/ski equipment websites are few and far between and I’ve looked at most. All my reps and vendors want to sell me new, which I will buy next year and slowly from there out to get back up to speed.

I have an airless system. So used fans or compressor stick guns is what I’m after. Would love some more hydrovane compressors. I can “make” some portable sled guns with spare parts all over here.

We have 2 new fans (lenko evos), 4 old old fans (smi highlanders lol) And a mess of old auto York towers that all don’t work. I’m in the process of making them all manual, or ones I can, just to make snow in some aspect.

Anyone with some small hill, boneyard, places with stuff around contact info? I know a handful of people here and there. But more knowledge the better. Obviously willing to pay, just so last minute looking for anything around to help out this winter.

More then happy to talk more about old ski areas and snowmaking as I get back into this world. I might be bald by spring, but this is a fun spot and opportunity

FBGM

I'm sure some of the guys from Mount Snow could help you out... I've heard great things about the old Peaks management team...
Yeah they all gone. Vail cleaned house thank god. Sure stuff is safe there now.

mister moose

What about Woodbury in CT? They closed a few years ago and had several Areco fan guns.

tumbler

Hermitage might have something unless they already sold it all.

drjeff

I'm sure that these 2 are already on your radar, but Blandford in MA, had a bunch of fans before they closed prior to last season, and I am not sure what their arsenal consisted of, but the now closed Toggenburg outside of Syracuse may provide some leads for you

IceEidolon

Platty has or had a stockpile of Areco parts. Tussey had some Hedco electrics and some Fan Jets they may not use anymore. You might want to ask in the Facebook Snowmakers of the World Unite group, that sees a lot of traffic from industry people. You could also put a want ad on CHS Classifieds.

I've heard mixed reviews about the Bogee airless compressors and some folks have used Kaeser compressors for swaps.

Good luck with this, if I knew for sure where you were I'd have more questions. This is right up my alley and I'd like to see what you come up with.