• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

drjeff

Noticed that the cuts/changes Mount Snow made about 10 days ago (and they caught some flack for it rightly so) had been returned to "normal" this past weekend.

Cuts certainly weren't made in the snowmaking dept as they put on a significant display on 8 to 10 trails from Friday afternoon until around last Chair on Saturday.

The only real change, and this apparently was due to the Vail Resorts commitent to zero policy (to reduce carbon pullution and land fill volume) is that instead of being a torchlight parade AND fireworks on Pres Weekend as has been the tradition for years, they now just do the torchlight parade, using battery powered light sticks as opposed to actual flares, and no fireworks....

Last edited:

cdskier

Noticed that the cuts/changes Mount Snow made about 10 days ago (and they caught some flack for rightly so) had been returned to "normal" this past weekend.

Cuts certainly weren't made in the snowmaking dept as they put on a significant display on 8 to 10 trails from Friday afternoon until around last Chair on Saturday.

The only real change, and this apparently was due to the Vail Resorts commitent to zero policy (to reduce carbon pullution and land fill volume) is that instead of being a torchlight parade AND fireworks on Pres Weekend as has been the tradition for year, they now just do the torchlight parade, using battery powered light sticks as opposed to actual flares, and no fireworks....

Wow...Vail has even managed to take the fun out of fireworks.

BodeMiller1

Any good New Hampshirite knows that the State had cables, steel rebar, cement, and other hardware in place for multiple decades to hold it in place. They also regularly inspected it. It would have fallen long before without those measures.
All true, When the parkway was rebuilt through the notch. The new road was engineered so that the blasting wouldn't bring the slabs down. Sure it's nice that you have to drop your speed (unless you're from MA :)) so you can take in the sites butt, there are also strong cross winds and bears.

Why is Indian Head still there butt, The Old Man fell?

Anyone aware of work done on that guy?

Attachments

• MEOW.jpg
    MEOW.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 12

connersw

now just do the torchlight parade, using battery powered light sticks as opposed to actual flares, and no fireworks....

I would genuinely like to see an LCA on this from the Vail sustainability manager. Would make a good project for a grad student.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Noticed that the cuts/changes Mount Snow made about 10 days ago (and they caught some flack for it rightly so) had been returned to "normal" this past weekend.

The only real change, and this apparently was due to the Vail Resorts commitent to zero policy (to reduce carbon pullution and land fill volume) is that instead of being a torchlight parade AND fireworks on Pres Weekend as has been the tradition for years, they now just do the torchlight parade, using battery powered light sticks as opposed to actual flares, and no fireworks....
Fireworks = expensive.

Battery powered torches = cheap and reusable for years.

Get it?

thetrailboss

Staff member
"You know, Presidents' Week is like my own Christmas Eve. I know that my stockings will be stuffed with all the cash coming in from those EPIC Pass renewals and sales that are about to start in a few short days. And with autorenewal, I can sleep easy knowing that even if I am on the naughty list, YOU STILL WILL BE PAYING ME, BITCHES! Oh, sorry, my therapist encouraged me to be direct with my feelings. Love you all!"

VD_VD200610060404018AR.jpg

(Me eagerly awaiting the start of EPIC sales!)

BodeMiller1

"You know, Presidents' Week is like my own Christmas Eve. I know that my stockings will be stuffed with all the cash coming in from those EPIC Pass renewals and sales that are about to start in a few short days. And with autorenewal, I can sleep easy knowing that even if I am on the naughty list, YOU STILL WILL BE PAYING ME, BITCHES! Oh, sorry, my therapist encouraged me to be direct with my feelings. Love you all!"

VD_VD200610060404018AR.jpg

(Me eagerly awaiting the start of EPIC sales!)
Meth is Death.

👼

Attachments

• Yep.jpg
    Yep.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 0