• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

deadheadskier

Staff member
How in the hell do you know him? My wife introduced us once when we hiked to the summit and he was there.

Mainly know of him from social media, which as snoseek points out he's in literally every group posting the same go Vail stuff. I did meet him once on the lift at Gunstock as well.

ThatGuy

Yeah he is in basically every ski group FB has. Seems like a really nice kid with incessant optimism.

thetrailboss

Staff member

drjeff

Spoiler alert: it won’t be ready!

Just a question that I truthfully have no idea about... Anyone know historically when Summit Access at Attitash typically happens? I know a few decades ago when I would hit Attitash in its ASC days over Thanksgiving Weekend, their opening roll out was just off of Flying Yankee.

And while the snowmaking system at Attitash (when they have the staff to fully utilize it!) has some decent fire power, doubt in its current iteration, even with a full snowmaking staff, that an opening day top to bottom offering, unless they choose to delay opening a week or 2, could even be in the realm of reality

ThatGuy

47B6F056-B66B-4401-8681-160983009AF0.jpeg
“One EPIC way to curb traffic is piss off locals even more than before. See you folks on the slopes, and don’t forget to turn on auto-renew!”

drjeff

Gladly paid my $399 a few weeks ago, for my Mount Snow premium parking pass. Same amount I was paying when Peak owned the mtn. And worth every penny to park within 50 yards of the Mount Snow Ski Club where my family has been members for over a decade.

If it makes sense to some regulars, it makes sense, regardless of what the day trippers think! Not taking care of your regulars (Even if that means a "pay to play" scenario, makes NO SENSE AT ALL!

Smellytele

Gladly paid my $399 a few weeks ago, for my Mount Snow premium parking pass. Same amount I was paying when Peak owned the mtn. And worth every penny to park within 50 yards of the Mount Snow Ski Club where my family has been members for over a decade.

If it makes sense to some regulars, it makes sense, regardless of what the day trippers think! Not taking care of your regulars (Even if that means a "pay to play" scenario, makes NO SENSE AT ALL!
Once they realize that It works at Stowe they will do it all locations with paid parking. It is only a matter of time.

ThatGuy

Once they realize that It works at Stowe they will do it all locations with paid parking. It is only a matter of time.
I think its already become the norm rather than the exception. Definitely alot of extra revenue they don’t want to pass up…

njdiver85

Interesting that Vail has continued to grandfather all the season parking pass holders. There is hope!

Edd

Interesting that Vail has continued to grandfather all the season parking pass holders. There is hope!

It will change when they realize they need to increase the bottom line to keep the stock high
Yes, I agree with Smellytele, Vail has given the eastern skiers very little hope at all. They’re going to pinch every last penny, ski experience be damned.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well, if Stowe is any reference, then time is running out on parking season passes for you.
I agree. The only thing I can think why Stowe would be getting rid of parking season passes is because they have A LOT of locals and the demand for parking season passes just outstripped supply. Back in my days, Stowe controlled demand by having high day and season pass rates (relatively speaking). Vail, of course, has completely disrupted that model. It's all about selling cheap EPIC passes that they anticipate that most folks, particularly those in the urban areas. will use a few times a season. That model crashes and burns when you have a lot of locals who buy cheap season passes and all show up.

We will have to wait and see if the decision was ONLY for Stowe and its situation or will be applied to every Vail Resort in the NE.

ThatGuy

The unlimited everywhere all the time model definitely needs some tweaking. @thetrailboss is Solitude significantly more crowded than the other Cottonwood resorts as the only unlimited IKON resort in Utah?

drjeff

Ultimately with Stowe, it seems like on many days of the season, that the demand for parking spaces is greater than the supply (not so with other Vail paid parking properties in the East) so I am guessing that they (Stowe) is trying to find a way that will get more people to use the buses ans shuttles as well as maximize the amount of cars in the paid spaces.

I know atleast at Mount Snow, while I have a paid parking pass, they also explicity state that the pass isn't a guarentee that there will be a space available in the lot I want to park in (or any paid lot for that matter) regardless of the time I show up, so they encourage you to get there early to ensure that there will be an open spot. The only time in the years that my family has hasn't been able to get a parking space was a few years ago when my wife arrived mid morning on MLK Saturday, and wasn't able to find any available paid spot when she showed up about 11 AM. Other than that it's never been an issue for us