• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

jimmywilson69

They don't send you anything... but endless marketing emails about how epic they are and things they want to sell you that I don't want or need.

EPIC!

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
They don't send you anything... but endless marketing emails about how epic they are and things they want to sell you that I don't want or need.

EPIC!
FWIW: Sending emails to an existent list is an almost free way to advertise. I didn't notice if they offer an "unsubscribe", but I find the "delete" key to be my best friend.

jimmywilson69

Oh I don't read the emails but I do pay them for 3 Epic Local passes a year. A little swag to show they actually give a little bit of a shit would be nice...

thetrailboss

Staff member
Oh I don't read the emails but I do pay them for 3 Epic Local passes a year. A little swag to show they actually give a little bit of a shit would be nice...
"YOU'VE GOT IT COMPLETELY ASS-BACKWARDS, DUMBASS!!!! YOU SHOULD BE SHOWING ME THAT YOU GIVE A SHIT FOR ALL THAT I HAVE DONE FOR YOU! I DESERVE EPIC LOVE!"

m0417_ft_katz_a-8ab08bf0-ae87-4faa-808b-c8bfc0b46207.jpg

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Not sure why Vail is gun shy to report opening dates. As far as I know, they have announced them to the staffs with the caveat, "We're aiming for such and such a date, but only if mother nature cooperates."

From staff, I've learned that Okemo and Stowe are aiming for Nov. 17 and CM for Dec. 1.

I don't have contacts at the other 4 New England properties, but I'll bet if we have members who are regulars at Sunapee, Wildcat, Attitash or Mount Snow, they could add that info.

drjeff

Not sure why Vail is gun shy to report opening dates. As far as I know, they have announced them to the staffs with the caveat, "We're aiming for such and such a date, but only if mother nature cooperates."

From staff, I've learned that Okemo and Stowe are aiming for Nov. 17 and CM for Dec. 1.

I don't have contacts at the other 4 New England properties, but I'll bet if we have members who are regulars at Sunapee, Wildcat, Attitash or Mount Snow, they could add that info.
On the snow has Mount Snow penciled in for the 17th, and from what I heard while up there from last weekend, from people who would likely know the plan, is if the weather cooperates, Friday the 17th the lifts will spin to start the season

2Planker

Major lift install issues still ongoing at Attitash. Not enough Lift mechanics to finish the install.
Crews brought in from both CO and Poma/Leitner.

No start dates at all announced to staff at AT & The Cat and there is a big snowmaking window next week Sun-Tues

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Seems like it's because they suck.
Of the 17 VT areas on snocountry.com, 8 give a projected opening date and one is open.

Of the 20 NH areas on snocountry.com, only 4 give an opening date.

If you removed the 7 Vail/Epic areas, that means 12 of 30 areas give a projected opening date and one is open. Do these other 17 areas suck in your thinking?

SLyardsale

Of the 17 VT areas on snocountry.com, 8 give a projected opening date and one is open.

If you removed the 7 Vail/Epic areas, that means 12 of 30 areas give a projected opening date and one is open. Do these other 17 areas suck in your thinking?
Asks the Vail employee

cdskier

Honestly I hate that Ikon sends shit every year. For a company that pretends to be concerned about the environment, sending out new passes and garbage I don't need every year sure seems pretty wasteful. Seems hypocritical to give out POW memberships on one hand and then send out the envelopes filled with more paper, plastic and cardboard every year.

JimG.

Staff member

Well I didn't start or name this thread.

meff

Honestly I hate that Ikon sends shit every year. For a company that pretends to be concerned about the environment, sending out new passes and garbage I don't need every year sure seems pretty wasteful. Seems hypocritical to give out POW memberships on one hand and then send out the envelopes filled with more paper, plastic and cardboard every year.
There is something here, I'm still using my original pass from whatever year they changed from the Colorado pass to the Epic local, a new pass each year is not a small amount of waste.

chuckstah

I've been getting BS emails from Vail for quite a while now, asking me to activate my pass. When I go on to activate it all they want is updated credit card information for my pass that's already paid for? I just want to use the product that's paid in full. I finally put in the number of a prepaid card I have that has a few cents left on it, that seems to have shut them up for now. Figured that was easier than calling and arguing about it, but not right ...

SteezyRob

hey ill take ur memorabilia