• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

drjeff

There is something here, I'm still using my original pass from whatever year they changed from the Colorado pass to the Epic local, a new pass each year is not a small amount of waste.
Agree, especially when you factor in their heavily promoted push for net zero waste company goal

oldfartrider

Checked the cams this morning. As far as Epic goes looks like Wildcat, Stowe and Okemo have the guns going

thetrailboss

Staff member
And Epic doesn't send you one of these to put together!View attachment 59399

hey ill take ur memorabilia

"Yep, maybe I'll take it and make a nice sky lantern out of that piece of shit and fly it into a choice Alterra ski resort. Any suggestions as to which one?"

vailkatz9*1200xx3413-1919-0-358.jpg

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Actually laughed out loud at that one, you’re firing on all cylinders with the Katz memes recently
Thanks (I think?) ;)

I just know that we are all anxious to get skiing and it's still warm out here, so a little humor can loosen things up.

2Planker

hear it is doubtful - warm weather next week, up to 50 and rain.....
No rain in our Northern NE forecast for next week.
Real good snowmaking window from Sun thru Tues/Weds

Cat says 11/23 tentative opening but the guns have been blasting full on for the last 24 hours and it sure looks like they could try to be first in NH to open.... maybe next week ???
https://www.skiwildcat.com/the-mountain/mountain-conditions/mountain-cams.aspx

AT is a whole other shit show story.... Delays and massive staffing shortages are not good in November.....
As usual they will be way behind everyone else

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
AT is a whole other shit show story.... Delays and massive staffing shortages are not good in November.....
As usual they will be way behind everyone else
As to the lift: WTF is going on with Leitner Poma? Vail is a big customer and, like Alta, this lift is WAY behind. With Alta LPOA was just like “meh, it’s late.” Something is really wrong.

urungus

As to the lift: WTF is going on with Leitner Poma? Vail is a big customer and, like Alta, this lift is WAY behind. With Alta LPOA was just like “meh, it’s late.” Something is really wrong.
New LP lift at Berkshire East also looks behind schedule (opening day)

BenedictGomez

I've been getting BS emails from Vail for quite a while now, asking me to activate my pass. When I go on to activate it all they want is updated credit card information

Same. It's literally a scam email intending to deceive their customer base. That company is a serious piece of work.

machski

Perhaps because LP didn't have anywhere near the number of installs out east that Dopp did this summer, they didn't push eastern staffing as hard???

machski

New LP lift at Berkshire East also looks behind schedule (opening day)
Perhaps I'm off on this, but I seem to recall BE's lift order was pretty late into the game to be installed in time for a season opener this year. So I don't think they are actually behind on this one, I think it may be on time based on when the order was actually placed.

2Planker

Just drove past The Cat and it's really coming down ! Big, thick, gloppy flakes....
Looks like its gonna switch over though once you come down into N Conway

thetrailboss

Staff member
Perhaps because LP didn't have anywhere near the number of installs out east that Dopp did this summer, they didn't push eastern staffing as hard???
Well, I’d say their shortage is nationwide. As I mentioned, last year’s LPOA job at Alta was very delayed.

urungus

Perhaps I'm off on this, but I seem to recall BE's lift order was pretty late into the game to be installed in time for a season opener this year. So I don't think they are actually behind on this one, I think it may be on time based on when the order was actually placed.

If they didn’t have enough time because the order was placed late, they shouldn’t have publicly announced that the new lift would be running on opening day.

Mainer

Just drove by Attitash. No towers for the new lift, no bottom terminal. Doesn’t look good.