• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

BenedictGomez

Soooo...No one wants to pick on Kirsten Lynch?

Katz is still very much in charge. His leaving as CEO isn't the typical move out of the captain's chair.

Vail Resorts said Katz will remain fully active and engaged in the company’s key strategic decisions and priorities while moving out of day-to-day operations........The executive chairman position Katz will move into is like “a CEO with a bunch of COOs,” Diamond said. “(Katz) has never been one who is fussy about titles, but the role, clearly, is he is going to do the strategic stuff and will be making a lot of input in terms of the senior team, but all of the day-to-day will be on Kirsten’s plate.”

Basically, Katz is no longer Vader, he's now The Emperor.

jimmywilson69

Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

thetrailboss

Staff member
Soooo...No one wants to pick on Kirsten Lynch?
"Who dat bitch? I'M THE ONE that people recognize as being SO EPIC! Who's the ONE holding the hardware here?"

NSAA_051422-40.jpg

Katz is still very much in charge. His leaving as CEO isn't the typical move out of the captain's chair.

Basically, Katz is no longer Vader, he's now The Emperor.
"You're GODDAMN RIGHT, Motherfucker! Pay me the EPIC Respect I deserve!"

3d205b91e0a6e9bd81c309c2fc565801

Mum skier

I got an email from Sunapee saying “Gather the family and come out for opening day”

But can’t see anywhere in the communication (or on their website or twitter) what the planned opening day is!

gittist

I got an email from Sunapee saying “Gather the family and come out for opening day”

But can’t see anywhere in the communication (or on their website or twitter) what the planned opening day is!
It's an EPIC secret...just like the rest of the east coast.

thetrailboss

Staff member

"If you have to ask, then you are not EPIC."
RobKatz2.jpg

MidnightJester

Snowbound Standoff: Skiers at Stevens Pass Create Petition Against Vail​

Tensions simmered as disgruntled Stevens Pass skiers, clutching their "Epic Passes," rallied against Vail Resorts' alleged mismanagement. The discontent echoed through an impassioned petition, articulating a litany of grievances: excessive lift lines, scant open terrain, inadequate staffing, and woeful parking, painting a dismal portrait of a beloved winter haven.

Smellytele

Tensions simmered as disgruntled Stevens Pass skiers, clutching their "Epic Passes," rallied against Vail Resorts' alleged mismanagement. The discontent echoed through an impassioned petition, articulating a litany of grievances: excessive lift lines, scant open terrain, inadequate staffing, and woeful parking, painting a dismal portrait of a beloved winter haven.

This is happening again? They did that like 2 years ago.

thetrailboss

Staff member

“THEY WILL RUE THE DAY THEY DID THIS! STORM TROOPERS, STRIKE!”1700178701088.jpeg

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
Not a Vail fan, but I would like to purchase an Epic Day Pass for one day to Jack Frost / Big Boulder. The $54 Epic Day ticket suddenly becomes $58.95 after you put in your email and other personal information. No where to put in my RFID ticket number. Apparently they want to ship it and charge me five bucks for a 66 cent stamp. I assume I have to swallow my pride, willingly get baited and switched, and pay the fee. Let me know if there are any alternatives to this.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Not a Vail fan, but I would like to purchase an Epic Day Pass for one day to Jack Frost / Big Boulder. The $54 Epic Day ticket suddenly becomes $58.95 after you put in your email and other personal information. No where to put in my RFID ticket number. Apparently they want to ship it and charge me five bucks for a 66 cent stamp. I assume I have to swallow my pride, willingly get baited and switched, and pay the fee. Let me know if there are any alternatives to this.
That's weird. Most places give you a QR code/receipt that you take to the mountain and get a card from a machine or the ticket window.

chuckstah

Call. They actually refunded me one year without asking. Had to complain this year (full NE pass)

doublediamond

Vail was sued for pocketing that shipping fee and not actually shipping a bunch of passes one year. They then refunded everyone’s shipping fee even if you got a pass mailed.

They say they won’t ship (and charge you) a new pass if you stay in the same pass the following year. Yet they always have mailed me one,

The company is all sorts of screwed up operationally.

drjeff

Vail was sued for pocketing that shipping fee and not actually shipping a bunch of passes one year. They then refunded everyone’s shipping fee even if you got a pass mailed.

They say they won’t ship (and charge you) a new pass if you stay in the same pass the following year. Yet they always have mailed me one,

The company is all sorts of screwed up operationally.
The reality is now, that if you have you pass, regardless of if it's the same level or not, from last year, once you have reupped for this year, it will work. Or now, if you download their Epic App, and have your bluetooth on and the app open, that will work as your pass as well. Either will get you a good scan and on the lift this year. No need to overthink it

chuckstah

Fun day at Okemo. One long run from the top, and one trail from the beginner Screenshot_20231117-123640.pngScreenshot_20231117-123622.pnglift at the bottom