• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

thetrailboss

Staff member
Thinly 'vailed' attempt to convert everyone to using the app.

Oh your card's not working, well we have this awesome app on your phone....
Are they requiring customers to contact them for a new card? Or are they simply putting a new one in the mail? Seems like if it was the former that you might not be far off.

zyk

Anyone know why they havent been running the snowcat triple at Wildcat? Is it broken again?
Report indicates its running today but the bobcat is not. I was there yesterday and it the opposite. I planned on going back today and skiing off the bobcat as I seem to be struggling all of a sudden. Calling it off instead.

snoseek

Report indicates its running today but the bobcat is not. I was there yesterday and it the opposite. I planned on going back today and skiing off the bobcat as I seem to be struggling all of a sudden. Calling it off instead.
OK that's good. Was concerned the novices wouldn't have it for vacation week.

Maybe take some laps on thads down an attitash to work things out?

jimmywilson69

Are they requiring customers to contact them for a new card? Or are they simply putting a new one in the mail? Seems like if it was the former that you might not be far off.
you can go get one printed at any mountain with minimal effort. sure a trip to customer service is a bit of a pain but certainly easier than waiting for a card in the mail.

and the phone thing is silly I won't be using that . As mentioned its a battery drain to have the NFC being used regularly and it just opens them up to obtaining more data that I don't want them to have.

cdskier

you can go get one printed at any mountain with minimal effort. sure a trip to customer service is a bit of a pain but certainly easier than waiting for a card in the mail.

and the phone thing is silly I won't be using that . As mentioned its a battery drain to have the NFC being used regularly and it just opens them up to obtaining more data that I don't want them to have.
The battery on my phone drains quickly enough as is in cold weather...count me as someone that certainly has no interest in using my phone as a pass.

2Planker

No F'ing way am I giving them access to my Phone !

No answer at all from both Attitash and WildCat guest services. Typical for these assholes....
Left a message, BUT I highly doubt anyone will ever call back.

Neighbor said there were a ton of folks at guest services yesterday all wanting new passes.
Wait was over an hour just to talk to someone

deadheadskier

Staff member
While I agree that I don't care for the idea of giving access to my phone, I think it's inevitable.

Just look at the concert industry. Pretty much all Ticketmaster shows now require the app for entry vs a hard copy ticket.

It's just the way society is heading.

cdskier

While I agree that I don't care for the idea of giving access to my phone, I think it's inevitable.

Just look at the concert industry. Pretty much all Ticketmaster shows now require the app for entry vs a hard copy ticket.

That's a little different as that's a 1 time showing of a QR code or barcode to get into the venue. Very different than requiring someone to be running an app the whole time you're in that venue...

gittist

It's still a pain in the ass for people like me that don't put their entire lives on a cell phone and don't carry them everywhere, sleep with them. etc... I carry my cell when skiing. Otherwise it's near the charger at home or IN the car.

thetrailboss

Staff member
No F'ing way am I giving them access to my Phone !

No answer at all from both Attitash and WildCat guest services. Typical for these assholes....
Left a message, BUT I highly doubt anyone will ever call back.
“With THAT attitude, no fucking way are we calling you back, you ungrateful MF’er! Vail hater!”

1701981044979.png

Smellytele

For shows I usually take a screen shot as cell service is not always a given. No app.

Mainer

Just be careful if you ski closed trails with that app. People got their passes pulled at Stowe a couple years ago using a ski tracker app as did people this year at killington.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Just be careful if you ski closed trails with that app. People got their passes pulled at Stowe a couple years ago using a ski tracker app as did people this year at killington.

I read about that at Killington. That's pretty messed up if you ask me. You want to bust people for pouching by catching them in the act, that's fine. But tracking the whereabouts of your customers for anything but a SAR is pretty intrusive of their privacy.

Bratwurst

Try calling your TV provider to cancel the service because you're not getting your money's worth and they'll try to up$ell you to a higher tier so you spend even more $. So having a broken RFID chip to force people into using the phone is not that far of a stretch. Yes I am a cynic. Of course the lowest bidder (card printer company) isn't always the cheapest in the long run.
A cynic is a blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. -Ambrose Bierce

Welcome to the Club!

Last edited: