• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

drjeff

the Haul rope is up and they are putting chairs on the new lift at attitash. Maybe they will make Christmas week. if They can blow enough snow
If they havne't already been making snow on the terrain for the Mountaineer off the summit, unfortunately if the weather pattern over the next 10 days or so doesn't shift colder by a bit, they may be in the situation where the lift is ready to go during X-mas week as planned, but there isn't enough snow on the terrain the lift serves to allow the lift to carry skiers and riders to the Summit to slide down the hill and grab another ride on it....

drjeff

Gunstock has the gall to have 3 bars open today. Is that more than Mt Snow? 🤣
Mount Snow actually has atleast 5 open today, The Bullwheel in the Summit Lodge, High Timbers in the Carinthia Lodge, the Bar in 1900 burger, and then Cuzzins and the Station Taproom (Finally for the Taproom!!!) in the Main Base Lodge, as well as Canned. Sundance Base Lodge is scheduled to open tommorrow, which should also means Coop's opens as well there. And Bruce Jacques plays his 1st show of the season in Cuzzin's tomorrow afternoon. After a slowish rollout, the Mount Snow Apres machine is finally firing on all cyclinders (and tap lines ;)🍻🍻🍻 )

Reactions: Edd

Edd

Mount Snow actually has atleast 5 open today, The Bullwheel in the Summit Lodge, High Timbers in the Carinthia Lodge, the Bar in 1900 burger, and then Cuzzins and the Station Taproom (Finally for the Taproom!!!) in the Main Base Lodge, as well as Canned. Sundance Base Lodge is scheduled to open tommorrow, which should also means Coop's opens as well there. And Bruce Jacques plays his 1st show of the season in Cuzzin's tomorrow afternoon. After a slowish rollout, the Mount Snow Apres machine is finally firing on all cyclinders (and tap lines ;)🍻🍻🍻 )
Dang, the Taproom was never open when I went to My Snow on a weekday with my Epic (or Peak) pass. I’ve always been forced to Cuzzins. Never been to the new Carinthia lodge.

Edd

Gunstock has 3 bars now?
4 really. There’s one on the top floor of the base lodge that’s only open weekends but a new one (called The Barrel) where the Stockade lodge is. Formally a family style cafeteria space, it’s been converted into a proper bar at the base of two lifts. Nice space, good views.

Today the Powder Keg and the summit lodge are open with The Barrel.

drjeff

Dang, the Taproom was never open when I went to My Snow on a weekday with my Epic (or Peak) pass. I’ve always been forced to Cuzzins. Never been to the new Carinthia lodge.
Taproom is usually Fri - Sun unless its a holiday week when they're open every day. They're actually starting back up with Sunday Afternoon live music again, which is one of my favorites

reefer

Taproom is usually Fri - Sun unless its a holiday week when they're open every day. They're actually starting back up with Sunday Afternoon live music again, which is one of my favorites
Add another to Mt Snow. Not named yet. Had some NH Finesr Kind hanging around. Conditions great today. Set up nice forcthe w/e

Attachments

• 20231215_122652.jpg
    20231215_122652.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 21

thebigo

4 really. There’s one on the top floor of the base lodge that’s only open weekends but a new one (called The Barrel) where the Stockade lodge is. Formally a family style cafeteria space, it’s been converted into a proper bar at the base of two lifts. Nice space, good views.

Today the Powder Keg and the summit lodge are open with The Barrel.
How was the surface today? Last Friday was rough. Was on fence between ragged and gunny today.

New gunny bar was good though, had the breakfast burrito with a tuckermans. Any sign of a mug club?

Edd

How was the surface today? Last Friday was rough. Was on fence between ragged and gunny today.

New gunny bar was good though, had the breakfast burrito with a tuckermans. Any sign of a mug club?
It’s firm, with powdery piles in between. Not my favorite. Gorgeous day though. Not sure about mugs, but I’d be surprised if they didn’t have one.

machski

If they havne't already been making snow on the terrain for the Mountaineer off the summit, unfortunately if the weather pattern over the next 10 days or so doesn't shift colder by a bit, they may be in the situation where the lift is ready to go during X-mas week as planned, but there isn't enough snow on the terrain the lift serves to allow the lift to carry skiers and riders to the Summit to slide down the hill and grab another ride on it....
Not sure what you are seeing (perhaps tunnel vision on SoVT) but they should have descent snowmaking temps back by midweek in the North country of NH.

machski

Machski, you should have said hello! I was on the ledge behind you. In fact, when I enlarge your sunset selfie, I believe that I can see myself in the reflection from your goggles.

View attachment 59962
Damn, well not like we have it stamped on our helmets who's on AZ! Always love that point for the sunsets with night skiing there.

snoseek

How much they charging for beer, Hunter's bar is open but not many there $12 plus 18% tip.
It's not just a vail thing lots of ski areas charge crazy money for booze and the people line up to pay. I love bars but I'm out on 12 dollar beers. I guess socially occasionally but I just can't afford all that.

MidnightJester

Stowes lodge
How's this??
$23 for Cheeseburger no fries possibly.
$15 Hotdog. Do you get more then 1 lol
1000000724.jpg
1000000723.jpg1000000725.jpg

zyk

There's money in alcohol. My summer side work hinges upon that. As for skiing... I bring some to share in the parking lot with people I meet. $12 is silly.

Attachments

• IMG_20231215_185857.jpg
    IMG_20231215_185857.jpg
    971.9 KB · Views: 5

snoseek

My local shithole dive bar is like 4 bucks for a domestic and 550 for run of the mill micro (they dont sell super fancy beer), Show up in the afternoon before 5 and its even cheaper. I don't go in often, Its a total shithole, but the food is somehow edible and the people are real. Sriously, fuck 12 dollar beers, Hit the lot.