• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

Smellytele

I grill every day I ski in the east.
Even told my wife when we go to Colorado that at loveland they have grills on the mountain we can use and I will be skiing with hotdogs/buns/chips and condiments in my pack! Of course a few beers from outer range.

snoseek

I grill every day I ski in the east.
Even told my wife when we go to Colorado that at loveland they have grills on the mountain we can use and I will be skiing with hotdogs/buns/chips and condiments in my pack! Of course a few beers from outer range.
Loveland wins at this IMO. A little work station with microwaves and plugs for the crockpot, Multiple grills and oregon stoves placed in various locations. My knowledge is a bit dated But I can think of for places to cook lunch there. I would wrap salmon up with butter, Veg, creamer potatoes, Throw that shit in the stove and take 2 runs. Bonus you could smoke dope and byob in there...im sure they've pumped the brakes in there it got wild!

snoseek

$13 buys a full pitcher of PBR at the Goldminer's at Alta. I call it "the best f/b deal within 50 feet of skilift in the country"
thats a solid deal. I've done some drinking over there.

Smellytele

Loveland wins at this IMO. A little work station with microwaves and plugs for the crockpot, Multiple grills and oregon stoves placed in various locations. My knowledge is a bit dated But I can think of for places to cook lunch there. I would wrap salmon up with butter, Veg, creamer potatoes, Throw that shit in the stove and take 2 runs. Bonus you could smoke dope and byob in there...im sure they've pumped the brakes in there it got wild!
Maybe I need to step up the game from dogs. I do at the car with sausage subs with onions and peppers and chicken sandwiches. Also chicken kabobs...

snoseek

Maybe I need to step up the game from dogs. I do at the car with sausage subs with onions and peppers and chicken sandwiches. Also chicken kabobs...
I'm so lazy these days I usually pbj in the car so you're definitely winning there. Sometimes a thermos of soup.

MidnightJester

Vail could add this lol. Guess too afraid to lose sales then increase love for Vail mountains. Loveland. They rock and never been there lol

ON-MOUNTAIN CABINS​

Need to take a break, warm up or find that perfect place to have a picnic? All of Loveland’s on-mountain cabins are equipped with propane BBQ’s. What’s the catch? Nothing, these cabins are free to use. Loveland’s on-mountain cabins are just another reason why skiers and snowboarders love Loveland. Make sure you stop by and check one out on your next visit to Loveland.

thebigo

My local shithole dive bar is like 4 bucks for a domestic and 550 for run of the mill micro (they dont sell super fancy beer), Show up in the afternoon before 5 and its even cheaper. I don't go in often, Its a total shithole, but the food is somehow edible and the people are real. Sriously, fuck 12 dollar beers, Hit the lot.
You still in NH? Where is this? Love shithole bars.

• Haha
Reactions: Edd

thetrailboss

Staff member
Stowes lodge
How's this??
$23 for Cheeseburger no fries possibly.
$15 Hotdog. Do you get more then 1 lol
View attachment 59978
View attachment 59979View attachment 59977
"HOW DARE YOU MOCK THE EPIC DISCOUNT I GIVE YOU AND OTHER PASSHOLDERS. UNGRATEFUL ASSHOLE!"

Rob-Katz-Vail-Resort-Winter-04.jpg

drjeff

So far Mount Snow looks like 11.50 for a pint. That's what I paid at Canned and at Cuzzins
$10.50 to $12 on average per the F&B manager last week when I directly asked him. Might hit $14-15 for select, premium offering pints when then bring them on tap. Had the $11 average when I was there with friends this evening!

Attachments

• 20231215_180541.jpg
    20231215_180541.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10

snoseek

I was wondering same.
John taffers head would explode haha. It's dark, no windows but they got a pool table. Older crowd and those people know how to drink. The only time they leave is to rip butts outside.

The bar at the bowling alley in Raymond is kind of a shithole as well but I don't think the beers are super cheap. Also teddy's in Raymond is definitely a townie dive. New England is real good with dive bars.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

I can afford $12 beers, but I patently refuse.

I'd say $8/pint is pretty much my limit, but at that price it better be an IPA or something microbrewed. A pint shouldnt be more than $6 or $7 tops, at that price the margin is still insanely good business - anything more is just taking advantage of suckers when suckers are in solid supply.

zyk

I can afford $12 beers, but I patently refuse.

I'd say $8/pint is pretty much my limit, but at that price it better be an IPA or something microbrewed. A pint shouldnt be more than $6 or $7 tops, at that price the margin is still insanely good business - anything more is just taking advantage of suckers when suckers are in solid supply.
At $12 the gross on a half barrel would be $1400 or so, accounting for a bit of loss and full pints. Wholesale on good craft beer is probably well under $200 ( think $119). So big margins. Also many specialty beers are short pours... 8 or 10 oz.

Shredmonkey254

Paid $15 for 16oz cans in the igloo at Sunday River yesterday. Wouldn’t want to make a habit of it but the place is cool. $150 a bottle for Veuve Cliqoet (sp) which people were buying at 11 in the morning…