• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

abc

Nope, not the technology I’m talking about.
Let’s in the last 5 days, you wear a black helmet, white goggles, red jacket, yellow ski pants and blue ski boots. You scan in at 5’11”.

Then one day you show up, scan in at 5’7”. Every piece of clothing is different, helmet and goggles are different and ski boots are different. I would say there is a 95% chance you are not the pass holder.

This is the technology- not none article of clothing.
With the exception of height, all the rest of the clothing could change. All on one day.

A sale event could have caused that. Or a change of weather from one day to the next.

I even once had my helmet, with the goggle strapped on it, “taken by mistake” at lunch. So guess what I look like the next RUN? Never mind the next day!

Much more central to the issue, none of those clothing articles are inherent with “identity”. I’m amazed at how quickly people let go of their common sense at the sound of “technology”.

Last edited:

AdironRider

yea but you dont hold your home out as a place of public accommodation hosting ticketed events

lawyers certainly arent a protected class, but excluding any group from a privately owned space that is open to the public is shitty

It is no different in concept. You just hate Dolan.

Domeskier

This Dolan guy lives in MSG? That's pretty cool. I stopped letting strangers buy their way into my house a long time ago. Much happier for it. Moooo!

eatskisleep

Can we voluntarily i
The Cat was prosecuting 3 punks yesterday.
Two were 18, so they were cuffed and arrested by Jackson PD.
The K9 unit was also searching all their gear spread out around the cruiser - Not a good sign.....
wow! Keep us updated if you hear anything lol

cdskier

Banning all lawyers working for a firm litigating a case on behalf of a client (not even just the ones directly involved in the case) from a place that is considered a place of "public accommodation" is not even remotely like not allowing someone suing you into your own home. MSG receives rather substantial tax abatements from the state. They operate under special permits from the city. They have liquor licenses from the state. All of these things make it extremely risky for Dolan to ban people as the conditions of many of these items likely don't allow discrimination like this. Apparently politicians agree and are now trying to put pressure on Dolan as well to stop this:

AdironRider

You don’t see any humor in the guy suing Dolan still wanting to go to Knicks games? It’s a ridiculous scenario.

I’m not defending Dolan but this is wrong hill to prove your point that he is a douche. There are literally hundreds of other examples.

cdskier

You don’t see any humor in the guy suing Dolan still wanting to go to Knicks games? It’s a ridiculous scenario.

I’m not defending Dolan but this is wrong hill to prove your point that he is a douche. There are literally hundreds of other examples.
Depends on the reason. If you're suing them because you believe they improperly failed to renew your season tickets because they instead chose to sell them on the secondary market, I see no reason with that person not wanting to still go to Knicks games. If someone slips at a supermarket and sues due to perceived negligence for that specific issue, should that person now no longer be allowed to buy their groceries there?

But again, it isn't even just the person suing that they are banning. They are banning people that just happen to work at the same law firm that is litigating a case on behalf of someone. That's a pure bullying tactic.

Personally I don't care about Dolan...I'm more concerned with the way facial recognition technology is being used... It is a dangerous precedent and I think ultimately the courts are going to agree (there's already one judge involved in a Dolan case that is on record as thinking the ban is crazy).

deadheadskier

Staff member

You can dislike an owner and still be a fan of the team and the sport. These aren't mutually exclusive concepts.

Jeremy Jacobs is a douche. I still love and support the Bruins

BenedictGomez

had i continued working at that firm for the past 10 years, i could only imagine the mindfuck that would occur as i stroll into madison square garden on a headful of lsd with underpants full of drugs and liquor for a phish show, to then be yoinked out of line because skynet figured out who i was.

Future MSG heavy.

1dog

;-)
Why not? Returning tax payer money to the taxpayer. who signed it into law? Who's money is it? In the same vein. can the tax increase bill have Biden//Clinton/Obama/Bush 41 name on it? I'd appreciate that.

Only question I have: Do we not pay enough or do they spend too much?

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
we not pay enough or do they spend too much
We are they. Not completely, but mostly. When you look at primary components of the US budget.

As a small business owner who benefitted from PPP, the first round was crucial. IMO the second round wasn't needed and created the extra demand that is half of the inflation problem.

1dog

We are they. Not completely, but mostly. When you look at primary components of the US budget.

As a small business owner who benefitted from PPP, the first round was crucial. IMO the second round wasn't needed and created the extra demand that is half of the inflation problem.
agree. That's short term( but large) issue- the blockbuster are annual deficits exceeding $1T that are becoming acceptable.