• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

jimmywilson69

I went to Jack Frost yesterday (Mar 1). What trails they had open were pretty decent considering it's been spring skiing since the beginning of January.

What's got me is each time I've been there they have at least two people zapping you with the 'pass guns' at each lift plus sometimes someone is walking around up top zapping. A few times there were three people with guns at the empty lift just shooting the bull.

I can understand a couple of zappers er lift on a weekend but I don't on a weekday when the lift lines might be two people deep?? I suspect they're spending a dollar to save a dime. We'll pay for it in the end.

The resorts get a bonus for how many scans they get per season. Its stilly, they pay a person to scan to get bonuses...

drjeff

how long before vail sends the parking police around to stop people from doing that?
Probably depends a little on how many people make their set ups too large and start interfering with traffic flow through the parking lots. Definitely have a seen a few where folks have a spread like they're tailgating a NFL or College Football game with BIG set ups around their vehicles that has gotten in the way of normal traffic flow, as a ski area parking lot often has lots more regular traffic actions during the day that a stadium parking lot for a football game does

jimmywilson69

Its borderline out of control at Roundtop. propane fire pits and such. Its way more than just people having beers. If they shut that down. there will be a legit mutiny.

drjeff

Propane fire pits and beer. Always a good time.
As long as it's someone's Tesla that catches on fire, all good as you could blame that on spontaneous battery combustion and it was just purely a coincidence that a propne fired fire pit and a bunch of empty beer cans/bottles were also in the general vicinity! ;):ROFLMAO:

jimmywilson69

yes its definitely an open flame... Not sure Vail has posted rules on it surprisingly. Also not sure why people feel the need to bring something like that. That's taking it too far IMO.

FBGM

Bill Rock taking over Mountain Devision as of today. I can tell you personal experience there that he’s a total bag of cock. God speed Vail

njdiver85

If the contract states they have to be paid 32 hours..then that's it.
Without knowing specifics..then who knows.
I got a little more detail from a J1. The contract states they have to be given an "average" of 32 hours per week as calculated over the entire term of employment. So it seems that Vail gave them far more than the required 32 hours earlier in the season, and has now calculated how much they can cut them back and still result in an average 32 hrs. With this measure, many J1's will get far fewer total hours of employment this season compared to past seasons yet are still stuck with the same high rent payments and fees paid for travel and to the sponsor company.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Apparently the next season Epic Pass prices drop tomorrow, 3/6
"Twas, the night before Christmas and I cannot sleep!"

VD_VD200610060404018AR.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
One might think that Vail is interested in selling passes. PCMR extends the season back to what it used to be. The announcement comes the day before Epic goes on sale.