• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I'm out in Bensalem PA at a staff meeting. Our bussiness ops folks have asked engineering to evaluate something that's going to add a shit-ton of work on to a lot of peoples plates...not mine fortunately.

Geoff

I was collecting from the state of PA. At the time I was getting the state maximum which was $410 per week after taxes. Thankfully I had minimal bills.....no car payment, mortgage, low cc payments, etc.

That is more than the NH maximum after you pull 10% for federal tax withholding. I see $406. The max is $452 and that includes a $25.00 top-up from the Federal Government. Massachusetts and the Tri-State area are almost double that.

This is the first time in my 29 year work life that I had a problem finding work. My metro-Boston personal network pretty much dried up and blew away for a year and I was unwilling to relocate to somewhere undesirable like Philly. If I were relying on the web-based help wanted and classified ads right now, I'd probably never find a job. I've been applying for things for a year to comply with unemployment law and I usually don't even get a response since they're so flooded with applicants. It's starting to turn around now but I would have been screwed if I had a mortgage, car payments, and consumer debt. I can actually survive on $406/week and cover everything but my property tax bill. For retirement planning, it's been a useful exercise to see what I can exist on. I can live fairly comfortably using Social Security to pay my basic bills and hit my retirement savings only for the big ticket things like replacing an automobile.

That is more than the NH maximum after you pull 10% for federal tax withholding. I see $406. The max is $452 and that includes a $25.00 top-up from the Federal Government. Massachusetts and the Tri-State area are almost double that.

This is the first time in my 29 year work life that I had a problem finding work. My metro-Boston personal network pretty much dried up and blew away for a year and I was unwilling to relocate to somewhere undesirable like Philly. If I were relying on the web-based help wanted and classified ads right now, I'd probably never find a job. I've been applying for things for a year to comply with unemployment law and I usually don't even get a response since they're so flooded with applicants. It's starting to turn around now but I would have been screwed if I had a mortgage, car payments, and consumer debt. I can actually survive on $406/week and cover everything but my property tax bill. For retirement planning, it's been a useful exercise to see what I can exist on. I can live fairly comfortably using Social Security to pay my basic bills and hit my retirement savings only for the big ticket things like replacing an automobile.

Do you think you might get a job working for the mountain if things don't work out? What is so undesireable about Philly...you can go night skiing at Blue mountain and we can carpool up to the Vermont on the weekends.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Back from the grocery store. Started preparing food for tomorrow night's party. I'm beat. Wish the kids would take a nap. I hope I don't fall asleep at girls' night out (in) tonight!

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I got into "Torchwood" this season, miniseries is on this week on BBCA. Pretty good so far, but the 2 guys liplocking makes me squint.
A pretty good Doctor Who spin-off. I've been watching from the beginning, but the intensity of Jack's relationship has been increasing.

Anywho...I'm finishing packing up. Leaving for Tampa, Flordia at 7:20AM tomorrow for 10 days. Can't wait to pick up some ice cold Flordia schwag beers!

Moe Ghoul

A pretty good Doctor Who spin-off. I've been watching from the beginning, but the intensity of Jack's relationship has been increasing.

Anywho...I'm finishing packing up. Leaving for Tampa, Flordia at 7:20AM tomorrow for 10 days. Can't wait to pick up some ice cold Flordia schwag beers!

Is this the 2nd season of Torchwood? I might go out and rent the earlier seasons since summer TV is the suck. New "Doctor Who" starts Sunday..Planet of the Dead.

Have a safe/fun trip to FLA.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Is this the 2nd season of Torchwood? I might go out and rent the earlier seasons since summer TV is the suck. New "Doctor Who" starts Sunday..Planet of the Dead.

Have a safe/fun trip to FLA.
I think the mini-series is the 3rd installment. There were two full seasons already.

WJenness

I'm currently being amazed by this kid's skills:

I struggle enough trying to play one instrument on Rock Band for this song...

-w

drjeff

3 more hours, 2 more patients and then bring on the golf course and a member guest tournament this afternoon! :) Me + my guests may not win the golf side of things, but we'll atleast be quite competitive in the beers drinking side of things :) :beer:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Getting ready for guests. My dad is coming over for lunch and then tonight I have a Wildtree party. Already washed dishes, vacuumed, tidied up the bathroom... on to laundry, keeping check of the kids' mess-making, and food prep.

WJenness

3 more hours, 2 more patients and then bring on the golf course and a member guest tournament this afternoon! :) Me + my guests may not win the golf side of things, but we'll atleast be quite competitive in the beers drinking side of things :) :beer:

It's more important to win the party anyway...

No one will remember who won the tournament next year (except the folks that won it)... EVERYONE will remember that crazy party that wacky dentist threw! (some more fondly than others)

-w