• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's in you backpack?

dlague

This is not a capital one question! I see skiers, even this early in the season wearing backpacks while skiing groomers and it got me to think about what is in there. Now I have skied with a pack on a few occasions where I often was carrying pre mixed bloody marys, champagne, food and other sundries during spring skiing days. My wife and I like to stop on some vista while enjoying beverages and nosh away from the crowded lodge. But I am sure that is not what everyone else is doing.

So what is your pack? Is it food? Is it extra gear? Is it for first aide? Is it for valuables that do not fit in your pockets?

KustyTheKlown

i dont ski with a backpack early season. but during peak season i like to carry a big water bottle, a sandwich, some granola bars, a multi-tool, an extra layer of clothes and a hat, weed/bowl/lighter, and the things id otherwise keep in my pocket like wallet keys phone.

ScottySkis

Mr Krusty I like what you pack. Ski Platty or Catskills?

I usually have Mary in back back extra clothes sandwich water .

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

KustyTheKlown

yea for sure, if i know i'm venturing far from a resort i'll throw in a radio, fire starting stuff, compass, paper maps, back up battery for cell and radio, etc.

xwhaler

We need to ask this guy.....

a-gaper.jpg

crank

When I wear a backpack it is because I have my DSLR with me. When skiing big areas out west I sometimes put a camelback bladder in there as well. Maybe a protein bar or 2 and a multi tool.

Smellytele

Only use them out west or back country. When out west when you could find yourself very far from the lodge you started at I have extra gloves/mittens, water, snacks, multi-tool and depending on the weather maybe an extra layer or a layer I removed. never use one in the east

Tin

Flask of Bourbon, PB & Banana Sandwiches, watery beer, multi-tool, Doritos, lighters, opioids, rolling papers, extra gloves, & a Thermos with Spaghetti-O's w/ meatballs.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've skied with a pack before and generally don't care for it. Kind of a PITA on the chairlift. When I lived in Stowe, I brought one frequently with me to carry skis for the boot pack up the Chin, but that's really the only time I used one regularly. I'm more of a parking lot boozer than up on the hill. I don't really do much in the way of BC. So, everything else seems to fit in my pockets just fine.