• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's the damage?

twinplanx

Lol you can get a real sense of community around here with all the posters defending one another ;-)

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

Savemeasammy

Sometimes when I am going to work in the morning, the traffic light in town turns red just before I get there and I have to wait. What a pisser! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steamboat1

In steamboats defense, I think it was more of a comparison of the ski areas mentioned, then anything else. Sometimes you guys up North fail to realize just how good you have it...

Exactly. There isn't anyplace worthwhile skiing close enough for a day trip for me. My BIL lives in Tannersville (Camelback). I don't ski there. My friend has an A-frame at the bottom of Hunter. I don't ski there either.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Lol you can get a real sense of community around here with all the posters defending one another ;-)

Funny, but you're right. It takes time to understand where people are coming from. Opinions and emotions are difficult to convey by text without inciting a flamed-base war. If you look back to the early days of BB's and forums, AZ was always a standard (in my book) of civility and respect, even when we disagree. Kudos to Greg and Nick!

ScottySkis

Exactly. There isn't anyplace worthwhile skiing close enough for a day trip for me. My BIL lives in Tannersville (Camelback). I don't ski there. My friend has an A-frame at the bottom of Hunter. I don't ski there either.

If I had more salary I would probably ski Vermont 90% of the time so I get that.

steamboat1

If I had more salary I would probably ski Vermont 90% of the time so I get that.

That's the thing Scotty. I don't spend a lot of money skiing. I'll get my season pass down to $20 per day by the time the season is over. I'm lucky that I can get employee discount tickets at Sugarbush. Use VT. Passes to ski around a little bit more. Take advantage of ski club appreciation days that many ski areas offer throughout the year. I hope to be skiing Stowe the 10th & 11th with a $69 two day ticket. My lodging costs are inexpensive at our ski club lodge near K. I usually cook dinner in & bring a brown bag lunch, breakfast is included with lodging. I can spend a week in VT. for only $300-$400. Free time is a factor for most people. I paid my dues & am now semi-retired so free time is not a factor for me. I have a good wife that lets me go skiing whenever I please.

Last edited:

ScottySkis

That's the thing Scotty. I don't spend a lot of money skiing. I'll get my season pass down to $20 per day by the time the season is over. I'm lucky that I can get employee discount tickets at Sugarbush. Use VT. Passes to ski around a little bit more. Take advantage of ski club appreciation days that many ski areas offer throughout the year. I hope to be skiing Stowe the 10th & 11th with a $69 two day ticket. My lodging costs are inexpensive at our ski club lodge near K. I usually cook dinner in & bring a brown bag lunch, breakfast is included with lodging. I can spend a week in VT. for only $300-$400. Free time is a factor for most people. I paid my dues & am now semi-retired so free time is not a factor for me. I have a good wife that lets me go skiing whenever I please.

See that is cheap but when you make less then 50,000 a year is still a thing I could afford to do. I think it is great that you can do that and hopefully one day I be able to afford more expensive ski trips. But I do love the access from where I live for skiing all these nice hills and know what to expect snow conditions to.