• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who/what and for what price

WJenness

Killington looking to get top 2 bottom (K1) for Saturday, SR also pushing expansion (towards South Ridge).. We'll see what happens.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yep, something wrong with that?

By the way it's been no secret that I have a midweek pass & belong to a ski club with a lodge nearby.

Try to keep up.

Do you understand sarcasm? That was his point. You've said 1600 times you get a midweek pass to K and belong to a ski club for cheap lodging.

yeggous

Killington looking to get top 2 bottom (K1) for Saturday, SR also pushing expansion (towards South Ridge).. We'll see what happens.

Sounds like they're feeling the heat. Tonight at the ski show I gave Killington a bunch of flack about not being open to the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Cannonball

Sounds like they're feeling the heat. Tonight at the ski show I gave Killington a bunch of flack about not being open to the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Working a ski show has got to be the most miserable thing these poor folks do all season. They're like captive animals. They have to just stand there and smile while everyone comes by and pokes them through the bars.
And they still have have 2 full days to go.....

VTKilarney

Working a ski show has got to be the most miserable thing these poor folks do all season. They're like captive animals. They have to just stand there and smile while everyone comes by and pokes them through the bars.
And they still have have 2 full days to go.....
It is even worse if you have to do it in a mascot costume.

xwhaler

Loon Saturday 11/15

We're opening for the season this Saturday at 9 a.m.!
Snow guns are blasting on Loon Peak this morning, absolutely burying trails like Exodus, Upper Bear Claw, Upper Picked Rock, Upper Flying Fox, and Grand Junction. Things are looking really good up there, but they'll look even better when we kick off the 2014/15 season tomorrow morning.
For opening day we'll have 7 open trails, including Exodus, Upper Flying Fox, Upper Picked Rock, Upper Bear Claw, Grand Junction, Link, and Crosscut. The White Mountain Express Gondola and East Basin Chair will open at 9 a.m. sharp. Please note that skiing and riding will be available from the summit to mid-mountain only, with downloading required via the Gondola. Open terrain will be suitable for intermediate and advanced skiers and riders only.

Opening day ticket prices are $31 for all ages.

Tin

Agreed they got beat up this fall and are not too "Beastly" but they are afraid of going wild blowing early and having a January like last year when they lose 100 trails in two days and have to start over.

They had more open in November last year than January and had a week or two to get ready for MLK weekend. They know they will make money and people will wait a half hour to ski the ridge area so why go crazy making snow? Just do a little PR work and you're all set.

Worst case scenario, they lose fall, not a rainy and warm January, go wild in January/Feb. building the glacier and try make it until June. Then use that on the advertising and PR end of things and people forget about the early season.

bigbog

Just got off chathelp of Loaf = $39 Sat, assuming Sunday as well. Think they were able to make snow last night, and will tonight.
Sorry, didn't closely check site for trails right now, imagine will change by tonight anyways..

ScottySkis

Jiminy b40$;6;trail s open day Sunday mass haven't been here since I ski with my mom long, time ago.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Loon said $49 to me in an email for tomorrow. I'm tempted as it's a much shorter ride for me and probably better terrain than my planned trip to Bretton Woods. I've got $19 BW tickets though.

Smellytele

Ended up hitting Wildcat today. The lynx trail was pretty scrapped off by 10:30. Skied the edges and survived. It is a lot of work to ski scrapped trails on tellies. Upper pole cat was getting the snow making and skied well if you avoided the wet spots that throw you forwarded.