• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Why I won't be skiing much this year.

WJenness

wa-loaf,

Positive thoughts for you and yours.

If you need someone to ski/chat with at Wa, drop me a line and I'll be happy to be there.

Hooray for the best doctors in the world.

-w

Paul

What can be said that hasn't been said already? (and probably much more eloquently)

All the best to you Jens and of course to Mrs. Loaf. Take care of your family, be strong for your wife, there will still be moments where, despite a positive exterior, she's going to need your strength. Remember that you will both come out of this better, faster, stron.... no, wait, that's the six-million-dollar man.

I'm sure you'll all be fine, and it really will be something that when she's all better, and you're past this, will tighten the bond your family shares more than you could ever imagine. Go ahead and take the kiddos out for some turns, they'll need the release and I'm sure Mrs. Loaf would appreciate some quiet-time.

powbmps

+++++++++++++Positive vibes for sure!+++++++++++++

wa-loaf

Thanks everyone.

Chemo they say will be light to moderate, so she'll only have the nausea for a day or two and won't lose her hair. Still 6 months is going to be a grind with chemo every two weeks. At least there will be a schedule, which will be easier to deal with than the chaos of the last month.

I'm amazed at the support we've gotten so far and not just with family members who have been great. But we've got the local Moms club bringing us meals 3 times a week, a friend sent us a big box from Omaha Steaks. Colleen (my wife) has a ton of online and local knitting friends who pitched in to buy us gift cards to Trader Joe's, Amazon and even a gas card.

deadheadskier

Staff member
(((((( +++++++ vibes ++++++ ))))))

Big time

I'm glad you brought this private matter to everyone's attention Jens. This community, at least to me, is more than just gear, double diamonds, steezy stoke and joking around. It's real people, and great people at that, who are here for laughs and shared passion, but always here for support as well when the most important issues in life come up.

As you know, I'm pulling for you and yours......hopefully we can meet up for some turns and a beer at WaWa this upcoming season

Stay well

Warp Daddy

Big time

. This community, at least to me, is more than just gear, double diamonds, steezy stoke and joking around. It's real people, and great people at that, who are here for laughs and shared passion, but always here for support as well when the most important issues in life

TRUE !!!! this is a really fine group of folks who DO care

bigbog

Here's to Mrs.Loaf kicking cancer's ass! (watch this get FiXeD)

All the best vibes to Mrs.Loaf and you Jens,
IMHO..use the skiing as one outlet to get the kids active.. keeping them positive as well....along with giving Mrs.Loaf the time off;-) Guess you know all that....
Give her our the best....now I guess she's off the hook for having to show at one of BobR's parking lot barbeques!...bet she'll be thrilled with that..or what!..:roll:

$.01,
SteveD

Greg

Staff member
I'm amazed at the support we've gotten so far and not just with family members who have been great. But we've got the local Moms club bringing us meals 3 times a week, a friend sent us a big box from Omaha Steaks. Colleen (my wife) has a ton of online and local knitting friends who pitched in to buy us gift cards to Trader Joe's, Amazon and even a gas card.

That is very cool. And if there is anything you need from the AZ community, just ask. Seriously. We got your backs.

Mildcat

I'm so sorry to hear this. It sounds like you and your wife have the right attitude though. I'm glad she's getting a lot of support and the best medical care. The support must make a tough time a little easier. It makes it easier to stay positive. I hope the combo of the best doctors and strong family and friends pulls her through this with very little difficulty.

Terry

Best of luck with the treatments and outcome. The best defense against cancer is to stay positive. She WILL kick its ASS. Good luck and if there is anything any of us can do, don't hesitate to ask.

wa-loaf

And if there is anything you need from the AZ community, just ask. Seriously. We got your backs.

Just keep doing what you're doing. Go out and ski a lot and put up TR's with lots of pics and videos. And if I do make it out to an AZ event this winter, I'll accept a sympathy beer. :-D

noski

...I'm glad you brought this private matter to everyone's attention Jens. This community, at least to me, is more than just gear, double diamonds, steezy stoke and joking around. It's real people, and great people at that, who are here for laughs and shared passion, but always here for support as well when the most important issues in life come up...Stay well

DeadHead came closest to what I was going to say. Even though you don't know many of us, please know your online friends are here for you if need a place to share your experience, get support or just to express your fears/hopes/successes. Prayers to you, your wife and family.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Just keep doing what you're doing. Go out and ski a lot and put up TR's with lots of pics and videos. And if I do make it out to an AZ event this winter, I'll accept a sympathy beer. :-D

That can be arranged. We'll have to meet up again at Wa this year. I'll provide some more falling down 180's for your enjoyment.