• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Why I won't be skiing much this year.

drjeff

So sorry to hear. Major positive vibes heading to your house. Keep up the good thoughts and remember the night is always the darkest just before the light returns.

Trekchick

Not good news here.

Last Wednesday my wife went back into the hospital. She's had increasing pain in her back and abdomen over the last week or so. She was in initially to have a transfusion for low red blood cell count. While she was there she was having a lot of pain, so she went on to the ER to get a CT scan to see what was up. After a long night in the ER waiting to get into the scan and get results things were not good. We held a family (her mom, brother and sister and their spouses) meeting with the doc. Her liver is not recovering as it should and is operating at only 10%. The cancer is back and growing rapidly in her abdomen and has spread to her ovaries and is likely back in the liver. Chemo under these circumstances will likely only make her sicker and at the very least cause her to spend a lot of time at the hospital rather than at home. So we've decided to forgo the chemo and make her as comfortable as possible in the remaining months she has, so she can make the most of her time with the kids and the rest of the family.

I'm losing my best friend and partner and all kinds of plans and dreams are going out the window. But worst of all my kids are losing their mother and that's the hardest part to deal with.

Not sure how much I'll be posting here in the near future, we'll see how everything goes. I need to be with my family, but skiing does clear my head and is good therapy.

Thanks
Jens
((Hugs))
cry1.gif

o3jeff

So sorry to to hear this, keep your head up and stay strong for your wife and kids during these tough times.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
It is in times like this that we realize how absolutely useless the English language can be. There are not words.

Know that my prayers and thoughts are with you.

Paul

Like others have said, I really have nothing to say.

I'm very sorry to hear the news, Jens. I wish there was more I could do beyond just letting you know that my thoughts are with you and your family. Obviously, if you ever need anything, don't hesitate.

Terry

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and family. I don't know what else to say. If there is anything anyone can do to help don't hesitate to ask.

krisskis

My prayers go out to you and your family. I know how hard it is. I have been through it woth my dad. Cherish every moment you have together. We <AZ> are here for you.

SkiDork

My wife and I both want to send the best possible ++++ vibes your way. God is with you.

wa-loaf

Thanks everyone. We've been getting support from all kinds of places. Instead of flowers and gifts I think we are going set up a fund for the kids for college since money is going to be tight for awhile. I'll post that info here when we get something going for anyone interested in helping out.

Thanks again,
Jens

Jeff Isabelle

Rattler

:snow: I wish you all the very best this year coming.
Positive action and living is well underway with your wife and kids keep going and get this experience behind you. Sking can wait but get her out there skiing when she is able to get her strength back. Support her tough attitude, I've skied with patients recovering (a ski program up here) :snow: and from what you have mentioned she is very fortunate and will be fine. Just hang in and all will work out. Chemo has improved substantially over the last 2 decades, I work in the industry (I'm no authority on your subject category but I read the materials every once in a while for my job). A great many people go through the process annually and are fine... So "All the best to you and your family" and its no burden to share this experience. All of us who believe in positive mental action on your behalf are with you
and the family.:snow:

All the best!:snow:

wa-loaf

:snow: I wish you all the very best this year coming.
Positive action and living is well underway with your wife and kids keep going and get this experience behind you. Sking can wait but get her out there skiing when she is able to get her strength back. Support her tough attitude, I've skied with patients recovering (a ski program up here) :snow: and from what you have mentioned she is very fortunate and will be fine. Just hang in and all will work out. Chemo has improved substantially over the last 2 decades, I work in the industry (I'm no authority on your subject category but I read the materials every once in a while for my job). A great many people go through the process annually and are fine... So "All the best to you and your family" and its no burden to share this experience. All of us who believe in positive mental action on your behalf are with you
and the family.:snow:

All the best!:snow:

Thanks, but I don't think you read through the whole thread.

Warp Daddy

Jens I just now saw your message .

Words at times like these fail to capture just how we ALL feel for you and your wife and the children.

Let your goodness shine , enrich and sustain your beautiful lady as she continues to imprint her indelible spirit upon you and your young family.

While None can KNOW what this life holds , you and she can choose how you will react to this circumstance . My prayers will be for you all that you may experience incredible peace , a deepening and sustaining love and a sense that this journey will be but a transition to a more peaceful state of being .

Warp

wa-loaf

Jens I just now saw your message .

Words at times like these fail to capture just how we ALL feel for you and your wife and the children.

Let your goodness shine , enrich and sustain your beautiful lady as she continues to imprint her indelible spirit upon you and your young family.

While None can KNOW what this life holds , you and she can choose how you will react to this circumstance . My prayers will be for you all that you may experience incredible peace , a deepening and sustaining love and a sense that this journey will be but a transition to a more peaceful state of being .

Warp

Thanks Warp, you always have a wonderful way with words.

powbmps

Well said.

wa-loaf

My beautiful wife passed this morning:

Image-A5667EB2752011DB.jpg

She touched many lives and will be sorely missed. I am at a loss.