• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2012-13 Ski Area Openings/Speculation

Open areas:
1. Killington
2. Sunday River
3. Okemo
4. Jiminy Peak
5. Sugarloaf

Planned Openings
1. Stowe (November 17)
2. Loon (November 17)
3. Cannon (November 23)
4. Waterville (November 17)
5. Sugarbush (November 17)
6. Jay Peak (November 23)
7. Burke (November 23)
8. Gore (November 23)
9. Belleayre (November 24)
10. Sunapee (November 23)

Making Snow(No opening planned):
1. Mount Snow
2. Ragged

Complete list:http://www.snocountry.com/ski-reports-by-region/northeast-snow-conditions

This place gets so cluttered with threads like, "OMG Killington is Opening!" that it becomes nearly find other threads. I think that to make it easier on everybody, we can compile all of the information about what ski areas are open, making snow, have planned openings and what-not. I compiled all that I know, and if I missed any mountains let notify me. I will update this page with any new info that I get.

In short: This is the place to speculate about openings, whose making snow etc...

Last edited:

gregnye

Thanks this is really helpful! Do we know when sunappee or Ragged want to open?

You ski Sunapee? I was on the ski team there for 5 years when I was a kid! Great mountain before it was "discovered"

skiersleft

Belleayre's website says they're making snow tonight. Opening date is announced for the 24th, conditions permitting, of course.

ScottySkis

Hello all - Welcome to the new AlpineZone.com Message Forums! These new forums are being run locally from AlpineZone.com and have many more features than the original message boards, including post/view counts, smilies, special formatting code, etc. The original forums were remotely hosted by Everyone.net, and with the addition of rather intrusive popup ads, we've decided to develop this new forum system and run it directly from AlpineZone.com.

You can help make these new message forums a success! How, you ask? Well, take five minutes and post some messages! I've already carried over some of the more popular topics from the original message boards to get us started. Feel free to reply to those topics or create some new ones of your own. You can certainly post "anonymously" by leaving the username and password field blank, but we encourage everyone to register. That way your posts are associated with you and your post count can begin. Click the "Register" link above to register. You can set up your profile and preferences.

If anyone would like to be involved with the planning, design, setup, and promotion of these new boards, please contact me at contact@alpinezone.com. Together we can make the AlpineZone.com Message Forums the best board on the Web for discussing New England mountain adventure! Thanks for your help![/QUOT

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ERJ-145CA