• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2023/2024 Season Passes

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Just Epic Local for me next year unless Ikon adds something in PA (or may consider with Mountain Creek)

icecoast1

Easy. Epic. It’s cheaper and Ikon access sucks. I can go on for days about how Ikon sucks but I’ll spare you. Just ski at Vail.
What sucks about it? Seems like a lot of attractive options on there

Bosco DaSkia

So, the question is, Epic or Ikon?

neither. they both suck. overpriced, overhyped and overcrowded…

if you’re looking for something to add variety along with the Indy pass, take a look at the ski cooper pass. they have a shit load of pass partners. they give passholders three days at each partner resort.

B4783417-AF15-44C8-9879-360E3CA97DB0.jpeg

https://www.skicooper.com/season-pass-partners/

last year the season pass was $329 if you bought it in July. i would expect a similar price next July.

Zermatt

What sucks about it? Seems like a lot of attractive options on there
Literally everything. Just stick with Epic.

Jackson Hole - 0 out of 10, not recommended. Too cold.
Revelstoke - 1 star. Place is a ghost town, empty runs are scary. Only has three lifts.
Zermatt - Thumbs down. It was snowing one day and I couldn't see anything. Views are mediocre at best when clear
Arapahoe Basin - Not rated, altitude too high to consider even visiting.

4aprice

neither. they both suck. overpriced, overhyped and overcrowded…

if you’re looking for something to add variety along with the Indy pass, take a look at the ski cooper pass. they have a shit load of pass partners. they give passholders three days at each partner resort.

View attachment 57302

https://www.skicooper.com/season-pass-partners/

last year the season pass was $329 if you bought it in July. i would expect a similar price next July.
Yea the Ski Cooper pass is amazing. I will look into that one when we get out there for winters in the future even with the fact that my Granby Ranch pass has 3 comp days at Cooper.

Zand

cooper partners are interesting out west but get a big snooze from me in the east
I feel like having places like Smuggs and MRG would make that pass interesting. The way it is now Platty is the only one that would make it worthwhile in the east.

snoseek

is it just me or outside of whistler and kicking horse, vails western offerings are kinda meh.
Crested Butte, Kirkwood and I'll argue heavenly all have pretty rad terrain if that's your thing. The other Colorado resorts are good with me but I sorta agree ikon has them smoked in the west.

Reactions: Edd

snoseek

yeah forgot about crested butte.
With base it's definitely one of my personal faves in that state. Even cruiser days are nice there, it has a different feel probably due to the impossible drive but the landscape is stunning.

Same thing with kirkwood....it's not nearly as big as squaw or mammoth but is a relaxing experience with some really wild terrain.

Zermatt

Ikon Pass details are out. No surprise, prices are up more than your $10 Covid credit.

cdskier

Ikon Pass details are out. No surprise, prices are up more than your $10 Covid credit.
This could be an unpopular opinion, but IMO, the price should have gone up more than it did.

KustyTheKlown

i lol at myself for buying an indy pass yesterday despite my hesitations and gripes. i anticipate two good indy days this weekend. and the $50 a month til October is so inconsequential that I'm just like fuck it. got a sort of dormant credit card into the mix for the recurring $50