• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Making Snow Tonight?

zyk

Just curious if anybody knows if Hunter is making snow tonight. I would like to get down there tomorrow and/or Friday if the conditions are good. With Christmas week coming this will be my last chance to get out. Thanks.

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

On Facebook book this morning they said they will make snow every chance they get, I hope it is cold enough now.

zyk

Awesome... thanks. Will commit to getting out tomorrow for a few hours.

kingslug

One word.....Desperate!
Basemaking...the weather is going to be pretty nasty friday with very high winds and rain but it wil freeze and cover up the bare spots and provide a base..they don't do things for the hell of it..they are trying...I didn't think they where going to..or I would have called in sick today!

skiNEwhere

<sarcasam>Can we make a forum dedicated just to snowmaking at hunter?</sarcasam>

dmc

Can we make a forum dedicated just to snowmaking at hunter?

Sure... But until then...

I heard guns on last night from my house... Not sure if it was West side...
I may run out for some turns later - can report...

dmc

Its interesting how much attention Hunter gets these days...might be because.............

It's our local ski area and we all enjoy it...

It's close to NYC where many people that post here live so it's one of their home areas...

Warm weather has hampered snowmaking so everyone's itching to make it out...

skiNEwhere

So it's location. Gotcha.

I've only been there once (coincidentally the only time I went on an AZ outing) The summit quad was broken so that might have ruined the experience a little. I just didn't find it all that challenging.

dmc

Come ski... I'll hook you up...
But wait a couple weeks for more terrain.. hopefully..

dmc

just got in from a few runs... Some snow was made...

Mainline was good - some rocks here and there..
Did Minya to Mossy... That was a trek... But with no F it's the only way still...

Blew off Belt...

Place needs snow...

kingslug

Whats happening is its losing its bad reputation of old. There isn't anywhere in the area that matches it so its starting to get some more attention...try it midweek..

skiNEwhere

Come ski... I'll hook you up...
But wait a couple weeks for more terrain.. hopefully..

They must have had bad conditions when I went because I remember leaving halfway through the day which I never do. I just looked at the trail map again and it looks like it does have some challenging terrain, I'll hit you up next time I'm on the east coast

ScottySkis

They must have had bad conditions when I went because I remember leaving halfway through the day which I never do. I just looked at the trail map again and it looks like it does have some challenging terrain, I'll hit you up next time I'm on the east coast

Steeper then anything south of Killington in Vermont, midweek is amazing time to go.