• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lost Valley in Auburn, Me will not open this season

soposkier

Good news, article mentions that Sunday River donated 5k, good to see the big guys helping out the local hill.

SIKSKIER

I would think there would be more places to cut costs than this.

Resort co-owner Connie King says the problem was inefficiency. She says the business is looking at ways to become more efficient, including the installation of compact fluorescent lamp light bulbs in the lodge to save on energy costs.

trackbiker

I would think there would be more places to cut costs than this.

Resort co-owner Connie King says the problem was inefficiency. She says the business is looking at ways to become more efficient, including the installation of compact fluorescent lamp light bulbs in the lodge to save on energy costs.

Click on the link in the original article for an expanded version.

"Some of that money will come from newfound efficiencies the owners identified through an energy audit. Lost Valley's snow guns which were ahead of their time in the 1970s, are ancient by today's standards. By switching to 10 new tower guns, Hayes says they'll save $55,000 a year in energy costs."