• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Possible Nor'easter for 11/27

catsup948

I generally don't believe Accuweather but they seem to think there is a potential for a storm. We will have to wait until tuesday or wednesday to figure this one out. Seems like it will be a perfect set up though. Cold air filtering in from CA and a big low pressure riding up the coast! I'm skiing somewhere on the 28th so I hope it snows heavily on friday and into friday night.

wa-loaf

Where did you get that from? I have no patience staring at computer models. I'll let Scotty do the GZ dance.... Don't show around here if you are wrong! ;-) :cool:

They mentioned the possibility of something on the news last night.

Shock

*fingers crossed*

I tend to not get too hyped into the longer range predictions, but I hope it's true. My skis sit ready for whenever they're needed.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
It would be nice but it would be a turn earners feast only. No way it would cause enough base for any places not planing to open next weekend to get a deep enough base down. That would leave a few freshies for uploading at Sunday River and maybe K if they can get their lower elevation trails covered again. If it happens, I will enjoy it and skiers and riders will rejoice that winter has finally decided to get with the program. But I would not go getting your skis ready unless you plan on waiting in long lines for the one or two areas that will actually be open on very limited trails.

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
It would be nice but it would be a turn earners feast only. No way it would cause enough base for any places not planing to open next weekend to get a deep enough base down. That would leave a few freshies for uploading at Sunday River and maybe K if they can get their lower elevation trails covered again. If it happens, I will enjoy it and skiers and riders will rejoice that winter has finally decided to get with the program. But I would not go getting your skis ready unless you plan on waiting in long lines for the one or two areas that will actually be open on very limited trails.

Well, sorta. If a resort is planning to open anyway, a foot of natural snow could greatly increase the number of trails they're able to open. Instead of 3 or 4, you might get 10 or 12. Also, if the weather stays colder after the Nor'easter passes, it could make a huge difference for what gets open by the first weekend in December.

wa-loaf

I heard the word snow mentioned on the radio in relation to the mtns for this Friday ...

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I heard the word snow mentioned on the radio in relation to the mtns for this Friday ...
the NWS is putting the word in for Fri/Sat. But the forecast temps are so marginal that it's destined to be a snow/rain mix :evil: even if that's right. Not sure what I'm gonna do. Seems the stores have run out of leaf bags ;)

drjeff

The potential dynamics of this storm that may prove to be the bad guy is that while computer models look to have this thing being of decent size, power, and moisture ladened :), it's headed into a warm pool of air with even the "cold" air on the backside of the low being not real cold :( To the front and right of the low's track, it's all liquid preicp :( Even behind and to the left of the low's track there will likely be places where there just won't be enough cold to make it a frozen event :mad: :mad: :mad:

What will hopefully happen is that this low will help usher in a pattern change that will open up the cold air from the arctic to get in here and make the atmosphere very condusive for snow for the weather systems following this one