• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown season pass roll call

Grassi21

Speaking of, I'm seriously thinking about taking the week before the comp off and just skiing the beloved Gunbarrel every day for a week. It seems like we always get a week of bluebird and 50 mid-March.

Seeing that lacrosse starts on March 21 I may take part of that week off as well. Gotta squeeze those days in before the season changes....

Madroch

Since I missed the epic catskills - svt dump last feb/early march due to a crazy work schedule, I was able to take a couple of afternoons off during our week of great weather last spring-- leads me to believe I may try and take at least a couple of full days this year-- but will be weather dependent-- life is too short not to ski on those types of days...

gmcunni

Speaking of, I'm seriously thinking about taking the week before the comp off and just skiing the beloved Gunbarrel every day for a week. It seems like we always get a week of bluebird and 50 mid-March.

i'll be working from the lodge several days this coming spring.

planb420

Welcome to the forums. See you on the hill!

THANKS, I am glad I found this forum...hopefully I can meet others now that frequent Sundown as most of my other riding buds got the usual pass to Butternut, but since I moved so close to Sundown this year I would have been a fool to not get a pass there since its basically in my backyard!!! I will be going primarly on Wed and Thurs as these are my days off and I will also be making AM turns on the other days before work.
Are there any big snowboarding crews that frequent here and would not mind taking on another crew member? :beer:

:snow:THINK COLD!!!!!!!:snow:

powhunter

Was thinking of doing the same thing....Ive got a shitload of projects to do around the house..So work around the house.. then ski from 12-4...Really looking forward to SD opening those K day trips 3-4-3 special really kicks your ass

steveo

SkiDork

speaking of, i'm seriously thinking about taking the week before the comp off and just skiing the beloved gunbarrel every day for a week. It seems like we always get a week of bluebird and 50 mid-march.

$1000 !!!!!!

bvibert

Staff member

I don't know about a whole week, but I could definitely be down for a day or two.

I'm trying not to think about epic gunny spring bumps just yet though...

gmcunni

I'm trying not to think about epic gunny spring bumps just yet though...

let me help you with that . . .

P1010051.JPG

Greg

Staff member
$1000 !!!!!!

Ha. Certainly no delusions that I'll be any more competitive this year regardless of how much I ski leading up to it. The Gunny season is just so short that I want to take advantage of it more this spring.

bvibert

Staff member
Will Ski Sundown have
A. A tree run with snowmaking on it?
B. A small to medium sized halfpipe this year, or at least the hybrid they had last year?
C. A better sticker for my truck since the Euro sticker is kinda lame.

A. I highly doubt it
B. No halfpipe, but I wouldn't be surprised by the hybrid thing
C. Probably, with all the new marketing they've been doing I'm sure there's some new stickers available.

mondeo

Will Ski Sundown have
A. A tree run with snowmaking on it?
B. A small to medium sized halfpipe this year, or at least the hybrid they had last year?
C. A better sticker for my truck since the Euro sticker is kinda lame.
D. An interconnect? Er, expansion?

bvibert

Staff member
D. An interconnect? Er, expansion?

I was wondering about that the other day. I haven't heard anything, so I assume there's been no major developments recently. Without D I don't expect either A or B to be a possibility.

bvibert

Staff member
what kind of terrain park features are slated for Tom's Treat?

From what I understand it will be the same sort of stuff that was over on Sensation in the Sunnyside learning area the last few years. They're leaving that free of features this year to make better use of the terrain to teach new skiers.

Greg

Staff member
From what I understand it will be the same sort of stuff that was over on Sensation in the Sunnyside learning area the last few years. They're leaving that free of features this year to make better use of the terrain to teach new skiers.

I didn't think about this until now, but it'll be nice to have some smaller tables for those of us that want to get more comfortable in the air, and not have to go to Sunnyside. Maybe a small more mogul course type kicker here and there?

powhunter

I was wondering about that the other day. I haven't heard anything, so I assume there's been no major developments recently. Without D I don't expect either A or B to be a possibility.

Chris told me everything was on hold due to the lawsuit...Now that it is resolved hopefully they can move forward

pow

bvibert

Staff member
I didn't think about this until now, but it'll be nice to have some smaller tables for those of us that want to get more comfortable in the air, and not have to go to Sunnyside. Maybe a small more mogul course type kicker here and there?

I was thinking the same thing. I actually went over to Sunnyside once or twice last year just for that reason. It'll be easier to just divert off to Tom's for a run or two this year. :spread:

I'm way too much of a poser to be hitting the big kid park on Stinger. :lol:

thorski

In the flatlands of Ct. for a little bit longer.
A. I highly doubt it
B. No halfpipe, but I wouldn't be surprised by the hybrid thing
C. Probably, with all the new marketing they've been doing I'm sure there's some new stickers available.

That's to bad about the tree run.
The Hybrid thing is just fine by me, although the nephew still wants a halfpipe.
I get mad props for my Ski Sundown shirt up north, but the sticker=not so much.