• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

2Planker

When I work from home I am either very efficient or pissed off I can't play with my animals or plants. My heroes are the guys (I guess a woman could do it butt, never seen it) who call into the office to make sure every thing is cool from a chairlift.

Now if the call is made from a tram then that's different

Anyone want to be the F&B Manager at Wildcat? Could be your path to being a Vail resorts GM!

That salary range is a joke. It is typical of what the range was when I left F&B operations in 2007!!
Not too bad for a 4-5 month position OR is that the salary for 12 months IF the job was year round.

See this many places in seasonal jobs
Bait & Switch - ".....Oh No. You signed for $60K annually but the job is only for 4 months, so your total is 20K..."

Last edited:

icecoast1

Anyone want to be the F&B Manager at Wildcat? Could be your path to being a Vail resorts GM!

That salary range is a joke. It is typical of what the range was when I left F&B operations in 2007!!

not that much more than you'd make as an hourly cashier at mcdonalds and you get the fun of working for vail, why not?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Not too bad for a 4-5 month position OR is that the salary for 12 months IF the job was year round.

See this many places in seasonal jobs
Bait & Switch - ".....Oh No. You signed for $60K annually but the job is only for 4 months, so your total is 20K..."

If it were only seasonal, I wouldn't think they'd advertise the position as FT + Benefits. Though maybe? I'm not sure what an F&B manager does there the 4 months of the year there's essentially nothing open at all. Unless they do catering in the spring and fall.

zyk

So my wife applied for a couple of positions for Attitash / Wildcat. I think brand manager etc. Nothing. I think her ask was too high for them. Would have been nice to move there...

KustyTheKlown

i applied to open legal positions in Broomfield some years ago when i was considering moving west. glad i didn't even get an interview.

thetrailboss

Staff member
not that much more than you'd make as an hourly cashier at mcdonalds and you get the fun of working for vail, why not?

"Again, a real badge of honor. The greatest ski corporation the world has ever known!"

vail-resorts-robert-katz.jpg

FBGM

So my wife applied for a couple of positions for Attitash / Wildcat. I think brand manager etc. Nothing. I think her ask was too high for them. Would have been nice to move there...
I got an email/call maybe 5 years ago or so. Asked if I was interested in the grooming manager position for Vail the ski area. They gave me their salary number. I countered and they told me “there is no counter the salary is set as what listed”. Laughed at myself there. Yep, no thanks bye.

Reactions: zyk

thetrailboss

Staff member
I got an email/call maybe 5 years ago or so. Asked if I was interested in the grooming manager position for Vail the ski area. They gave me their salary number. I countered and they told me “there is no counter the salary is set as what listed”. Laughed at myself there. Yep, no thanks bye.
"Does it look like I negotiate?!"

Rob-Katz-Vail-Resort-Winter-19.jpg

Kingslug20

Worker shortage...
My post office can't get enough people to fully staff.
Now the mail goes to a sorting facility 10 miles away...they couldn't handle it any more.
Postal jobs used to be like winning the lottery...
It's real.
Oh..Burlington bagel still has a help wanted sign..starting at 25.00 an hour...for a bagel store..
It's real..

cdskier

The red coats here are obviously patrol, and guessing the blue jumpsuits are snowmakers? Who are the black and yellow supposed to be?
Black jackets are the hired muscle that bring someone out back if they get out of line...

Keelhauled

Black is mountain ops--grooming, snowmaking, lift maintenance, etc. Blue I think is customer facing positions that don't fall under safety.

Last edited:

njdiver85

To those that are saying it's a worker shortage, you need to get your facts straight. Vail manufactured a staffing shortage all by themselves with massive reductions in staff hours that commenced in the last week or so. Many people quit to find other work with more hours.