• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

EPB

Cranmore is having a real tough time selling the $700K condos.....

CA$H buyer (for 2 townhouses) doubted Cranmore would have enough coverage in 10 years.
Sad but True...
The lowest priced condo currently on the market is $900k. There was at least one for sub $700 that was on recently. My brother tried getting me to buy it.

The real estate market feels like it's finally softening in MWV and where I am in CT. This sounds like a convenient excuse to hide behind rather than a legitimate concern. Despite the recent warm winters, Cranmore has been doing a good early season vs. when I grew up skiing MWV in the 90s/00s. They also closed at least a week earlier than snow would allow due to lack of traffic this spring. They have the infrastructure and will to get open around Thanksgiving and stay open through the end of March.

thebigo

Opening dates have pretty much remained unchanged. If they are a little late, it has primarily been dictated by climate change. This is true even for the "King of Fall/King of spring" Killington: When was the last year Killington had October skiing? -- and it's not for lack of trying!
The climate must be changing faster at vail mountains than the competition. In the five years Vail has been in charge, wildcat has not opened before Loon once.

2Planker

The lowest priced condo currently on the market is $900k. There was at least one for sub $700 that was on recently. My brother tried getting me to buy it.

The real estate market feels like it's finally softening in MWV and where I am in CT. This sounds like a convenient excuse to hide behind rather than a legitimate concern. Despite the recent warm winters, Cranmore has been doing a good early season vs. when I grew up skiing MWV in the 90s/00s. They also closed at least a week earlier than snow would allow due to lack of traffic this spring. They have the infrastructure and will to get open around Thanksgiving and stay open through the end of March.
Ski house market in MWV is on fire currently.
Places are being snapped up before the listing even hits the web....
2 on our street sold in 1-2 days BOTH for 50K oVER listed price.
Very little on the market for less tha 1M