• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

drjeff

Enjoying the fact that my 50" plasma screen returned from the repair shop today - had some serious decrease in the picture sharpness after about 2 years :( Ended up being a defective screen. Thank you extended warranty that I purchased as it more than paid for itself with this one!

Back from dinner..gonna play in a few online poker tournaments tonight..and I got $5 of free slot play for my BDAY..steezy..

Warp Daddy

Recovering from a Nasty fall in the backyard ..-- We just had a MONSOON like Microburst storm with 60- 70 mph winds , 3 -4 inches of rain in 15 min with quartersize hail and cloud to ground lightning

it brought down some tremendous size tree branches . I have one HUGE poplar about 135 ft high. it "rained" many good size branches BUT one probably was 40 ft long weighed i'd guess 300lbs .

Like a damn fool i'm out there trying to move this monster. When i tried to turn it over a branch i was holding snapped in the rain and wind and i fell violently backwards cracked my back on the trunk of the branch ( a tree in itself ) fell on my head backwards in a huge pool of water . I was Stunned and couldn't move --it scared the shit outta me

I came to my senses got up with the help of my wife and grandson and am OK just just a mite sore nothing broken. Gonna need a chainsaw on this Beoch

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Recovering from a Nasty fall in the backyard ..-- We just had a MONSOON like Microburst storm with 60- 70 mph winds , 3 -4 inches of rain in 15 min with quartersize hail and cloud to ground lightning

it brought down some tremendous size tree branches . I have one HUGE poplar about 135 ft high. it "rained" many good size branches BUT one probably was 40 ft long weighed i'd guess 300lbs .

Like a damn fool i'm out there trying to move this monster. When i tried to turn it over a branch i was holding snapped in the rain and wind and i fell violently backwards cracked my back on the trunk of the branch ( a tree in itself ) fell on my head backwards in a huge pool of water . I was Stunned and couldn't move --it scared the shit outta me

I came to my senses got up with the help of my wife and grandson and am OK just just a mite sore nothing broken. Gonna need a chainsaw on this Beoch

hey at least you didn't knock your self out and get concussion like it did a few weeks ago. my doc was pretty pissed i didn't come see him right away.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Wishing I got more sleep last night... cursing the very uncomfortable mattress... wondering why my kids insist upon waking no later than 6:30AM...

drjeff

Wishing I got more sleep last night... cursing the very uncomfortable mattress... wondering why my kids insist upon waking no later than 6:30AM...

Funny, I heard the EXACT same 3 things from my wife this AM! Only difference was she swore at the mattress 1st and then complained about the lack of sleep :rolleyes:

Right now I'm doing a little net surfing, reading the paper and getting ready for the 1st patient of the day

wa-loaf

... wondering why my kids insist upon waking no later than 6:30AM...

It gets better. My 4 (almost 5) year old wakes up early, but if we are still in bed she'll just go play in her room until we get up.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
My 3 year old will gladly rip the house apart if we don't tend to her right away. Then she gets her brother all riled up, too. :D

Right now, I am getting ready to head out. Bringing the kids to see a free movie at the mall: Arctic Tale. Maybe I can get some shut eye. :lol:

Something is wrong..it's 9:04AM and the phone at work has not rung once...yikes..the second I post this..all three lines will probably be going at once...doh

wa-loaf

Off to conduct a 2.5 hr training session because the guy who was supposed to do part of it called in sick today. :roll:

Warp Daddy

Just in from cleaning up the war zone created by the micro burst storm t. The debris pile is 50 ft long and about 6 ft high

3 of us Been cutting/stacking downed huge tree limbs for a couple of hrs .One of our local parks got hit very hard so city crews will be busy for a while befor ethey get to picking up my debris

Cut them all by hand saw !!!!!!! my wife told me i'm nuts -- she's probably right BUT it's pretty good work out for the upper body ( I see 50 more yds outta my Ping G5 driver later today :D )

drjeff

Just in from cleaning up the war zone created by the micro burst storm t. The debris pile is 50 ft long and about 6 ft high

3 of us Been cutting/stacking downed huge tree limbs for a couple of hrs .One of our local parks got hit very hard so city crews will be busy for a while befor ethey get to picking up my debris

Cut them all by hand saw !!!!!!! my wife told me i'm nuts -- she's probably right BUT it's pretty good work out for the upper body ( I see 50 more yds outta my Ping G5 driver later today :D )

I'd guess more like a week from now WHEN you can move your arms again, then the Ping will be popping the ball a few more yards down the fairway ;)

Right now I'm just reviewing some numbers before my office's accountant comes in later today for the mid year review :eek:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
My arms are tired after a day of woodcutting too, but it's usually because I've been through a cord and a half or so with a Husky 372xp. Still split everything by hand.

Warp Daddy

My arms are tired after a day of woodcutting too, but it's usually because I've been through a cord and a half or so with a Husky 372xp. Still split everything by hand.

I used to do that too when i was burning wood -- IT warms you 3 times cutting stacking and heating :D

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Sitting in the car surfing on the laptop. The kids fell asleep on the way home and if I move them, they'll wake up. Nothing like hanging out in your car in your own driveway. :roll:

Wrapping things up at work..I'm going home to play some more online poker..then exercising and hitting the grocery store..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Just finished a Sam Summer... wishing the kids would stop fighting sleep and just GO to sleep... baking some beer bread...

Yeah, healthy eating went out the window for today anyway. :oops: