• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

wa-loaf

...we have a few deadbeat customers and if they don't pay their balance soon...we're going to re-possess some tombstones..

ahahahaha

Anyway that was recently in the news around here. Someone got their tombstone repossessed, they made the monument company really look like the bad guys. The girl was killed by a drunk driver I think. Anyway at the end they mention the company sent many notices and even offered a way low payment plan, but the folks never responded. And they were surprised it got repossessed. :smash:

ahahahaha

Anyway that was recently in the news around here. Someone got their tombstone repossessed, they made the monument company really look like the bad guys. The girl was killed by a drunk driver I think. Anyway at the end they mention the company sent many notices and even offered a way low payment plan, but the folks never responded. And they were surprised it got repossessed. :smash:

Until we're paid in full it's our property..I wish we required 100% payment up front...for now it's 50% down and the balance when it's completed. I have several people paying $30-50 a month..interest free..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Well, after cleaning up the massive amount of water that leaked from the bathtub upstairs through my bathroom :angry: I'm running a few errands now before the landlord gets here. Gee... this has been a problem only since before my 1 year old was born and it just keeps getting worse. :angry:

Warp Daddy

Well, after cleaning up the massive amount of water that leaked from the bathtub upstairs through my bathroom :angry: I'm running a few errands now before the landlord gets here. Gee... this has been a problem only since before my 1 year old was born and it just keeps getting worse. :angry:

don'y pay rent till the sob fixes it

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Back from my errands and the landlord called to make sure he's prepared for what's here (drain problem -vs- water supply problem). He's tried fixing this several times over the last year... it just never seems to fix it permanently. I know my rights, BTW. I used to be a landlord. :eek: I'm familiar with the whole landlord-tenant rights in CT. Thanks, guys!

Back from my errands and the landlord called to make sure he's prepared for what's here (drain problem -vs- water supply problem). He's tried fixing this several times over the last year... it just never seems to fix it permanently. I know my rights, BTW. I used to be a landlord. :eek: I'm familiar with the whole landlord-tenant rights in CT. Thanks, guys!

For some reason I thought you moved earlier in the summer..I'll find out this afternoon or tomorrow if I get the new apartment..it would be mad steezy yo..and this place is a mile closer to skiing than where I currently live. Having my own washer/dryer...dishwasher/garbage disposal...central AC and Balconey would be great and they have a pretty nice pool and workout room..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I was supposed to move by May 15th (delayed due to circumstances).... then by the end of June (again, delayed due to circumstances). I'm on extension to the end of this month. Now that I've figured out what I'm going to do for work and all (and where) I think we may just sign the lease and hand over the security deposit (he doesn't have one... we used to own the house and sold it to him... been renting from him on month to month basis for 4 years until he decided he wanted a 1 year lease, $600 deposit, raise the rent and take the 2 car garage away that was included in our rent before... ). Yeah, it's a little complicated. But I hate moving, too....

I was supposed to move by May 15th (delayed due to circumstances).... then by the end of June (again, delayed due to circumstances). I'm on extension to the end of this month. Now that I've figured out what I'm going to do for work and all (and where) I think we may just sign the lease and hand over the security deposit (he doesn't have one... we used to own the house and sold it to him... been renting from him on month to month basis for 4 years until he decided he wanted a 1 year lease, $600 deposit, raise the rent and take the 2 car garage away that was included in our rent before... ). Yeah, it's a little complicated. But I hate moving, too....

Wow that is complicated...alot of places want a deposit and last months rent as well..the place I want to move into does not require last months rent and the security deposit is only $500..which isn't too bad..

wa-loaf

Wow that is complicated...alot of places want a deposit and last months rent as well..the place I want to move into does not require last months rent and the security deposit is only $500..which isn't too bad..

That's a bargain. Around here it's pretty standard to get 1st, last and security deposit (1month rent). Add in a realtor fee if you are using and agent and you can be shelling out $5000 just to move in.

ctenidae

I'm attempting (with some success) to build a model in Excel illustrating the Brent Method for solving for IRR.

The sad thing is, I'm totally math-geeking out, and enjoying it quite a bit.

That's a bargain. Around here it's pretty standard to get 1st, last and security deposit (1month rent). Add in a realtor fee if you are using and agent and you can be shelling out $5000 just to move in.

Wow...my move in fee is going to be $1350...rent is pretty cheap here in Allentown..where I currently live my rent is going up to $755 and the new place would be $850...the luxury gated communities go for over a grand for a one bedroom though..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Most places here also want first, last and security. But again, we sold our landlord the house we live in, so he never collected anything up front other than 1st month's rent. We stayed for the 2 car garage that was included in our rent... when he decided to raise the rent AND take the garage away, we started planning to move. But moving will cost us a lot of money we don't have; cheaper to stay here. So we're trying to clear out the stuff in the garage by the end of the month and will likely just sign the lease and hand over the security deposit. It's a very small apartment, but we've been living here for over 6.5 years. It's home.

Right now.. .just finished vacuuming. Kids are off with grandpa so I'm going to try to catch up on a few things around the house that I've been slacking on. Easier when there isn't somebody there to destroy your progress immediately. :lol:

I just wrapped up an appointment with a customer..no sale because he needs to get a check from the estate attorney...Taking out the trash at work..It's another hot and humid day here..I'm going to sweat out some of the toxins on a long walk later this afternoon...then go grocery shopping..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Cleaned the bathroom, washed the dishes, organized the DVDs a bit, moved the kids' good books somewhere safe from harm... and now they're home again. And wrecking the house again. :lol: So much for it being clean. :roll:

Cleaned the bathroom, washed the dishes, organized the DVDs a bit, moved the kids' good books somewhere safe from harm... and now they're home again. And wrecking the house again. :lol: So much for it being clean. :roll:

you need to get your kids a playpen...I mean cage..lol

drjeff

you need to get your kids a playpen...I mean cage..lol

Just you wait GSS until you have little GSS's running around 1 day :eek: The speed at which a couple of little kids can dirty up a clean room is amazing. My house multiple times a day literally goes from perfectly picked up to something resembling a tornado destruction path in a matter of moments :eek:

And I will admit to having contemplated putting the "invisble fence" collars that I have for my dogs on my kids a few times and sending them out in the yard to play. Just haven't quite convinced my next door neighbors though that it's such a good idea! ;)