• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

Warp Daddy

Sorry bout the foot ROOTER !! Hope it works out

Snow here is picking up s again !!

Gotta go out and plow again, been snowing now since Wednesday -- its a GOOD thing

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Well, it's almost a week later, and my foot still hurts so I'm off to see the podiatrists this morning:-?.
Officially the Dx is hallux rigidus. Doc wants me to get orthodics for everyday use, as I have a pretty noticable pronation. Gotta see what my insurance covers.

Doc says to ski as much as I can! :spread:

wa-loaf

Officially the Dx is hallux rigidus. Doc wants me to get orthodics for everyday use, as I have a pretty noticable pronation. Gotta see what my insurance covers.

Doc says to ski as much as I can! :spread:

Maybe you can get the insurance to cover orthodics for the ski boots too! :)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Our city's tax collector is also a podiatrist. I remember talking with him one time about how I'm flat-footed and he said that most insurance companies will not cover orthotics. Which is ridiculous because it could prevent future health issues... but that's how insurance companies are. They'd rather spend money on the cure than prevention, even though that doesn't make good economic sense. :roll:

Right now... I gathered my paperwork for my next party. I'm trying to secure a subject for my Linguistics project. I'm also trying to do my Linguistics homework but I can't seem to keep track of the terms and orthography. :mad: This is so frustrating!!!

WJenness

Just back from a 2 day lobbying stint in Albany or as it is now known as the "Puzzle Palace on the Hudson "

Long interesting sessions hopefully we were able to do some good for our region of the state and healthcare for those who are underepresented

W Jennn - really sad to hear about the RIF -- you are a bright young person and with your knowledge , skills and attitude will land on your feet . TURN thePAGE and put this in YOUR REARVIEW mirror . You may have been done a huge favor and perhaps will leverage a MUCH better environment

Sometimes survivors of a RIF have it worse -- you at least are now free to get on with YOUR life and may actually come out ahead !!!!!!!!!!

Hang tuff and STAY POSITIVE -- YOU are WAY more than WHat you do .

Warp

Thanks Warp... I'm not that concerned. I have a couple opportunities, including a full day interview next Wednesday... Enjoying some time for myself for the moment... I have to admit, that I'm disappointed that they only gave me one week's severance pay, considering the previous round of layoffs all got two weeks, and I was the longest tenured person to get laid off out of anyone (across all the rounds), but oh well... the company must be seriously hurting for cash. I'm probably better off that I'm out of there.

About to head out with my gf to her sister's house to hang out for a bit.

-w

drjeff

Waiting for my wife to finish getting ready so we can head over to the convention center in Boston and actually listen to a fun lecture, rather than a boring lecture. We're going to hear Kevin O'Connor of This Old House fame talk about green buildings/green building techniques this morning :)

Grassi21

Hanging out with my son in his room and listening to The Grateful Dead. Thinking about what I need to grab at the grocery store for the game tomorrow.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Came home very early from skiing. 1st run out on Challenge I felt a very sharp pain inside my left knee, and it was very difficult to make right turns. Took another run on Paradise and it was still there, but not a present. Progressed up towards Lazy Mile, again, still bothersome and very hard to carve a right turn because of the pressure on/in my left knee. Met AtomicSkier and AngryHugo, did one more run down Lazy Mile and called it a day. I can tell something is wrong. Damnit. Walking feels ok though. Not my month for skiing. First the right foot and now the left knee.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Came home very early from skiing. 1st run out on Challenge I felt a very sharp pain inside my left knee, and it was very difficult to make right turns. Took another run on Paradise and it was still there, but not a present. Progressed up towards Lazy Mile, again, still bothersome and very hard to carve a right turn because of the pressure on/in my left knee. Met AtomicSkier and AngryHugo, did one more run down Lazy Mile and called it a day. I can tell something is wrong. Damnit. Walking feels ok though. Not my month for skiing. First the right foot and now the left knee.

dude whats up with your body?

WJenness

Just got home from refereeing a high school fencing meet.

I've got a big college meet to referee tomorrow morning, so I'm going to take it easy and relax for the rest of the day.

At least I got laid off at the peak of refereeing season so I have some income...

-w

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Can't be beer abuse! Maybe it's all that smokin' you've been doing...? ;)

Right now.. just got in from an afternoon out. Going to take it easy, watch a movie, maybe drink some beer or something. Don't want to stay up too late; decided to ski tomorrow instead of today.