• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

Warp Daddy

ARGGHH it was 22 below zero this am with killer windchill so i bagged skiing again and to make matters worse i fell off the back porch roof ( shoveling the roof) and yanked out one quad muscle yesterday

.Altho was dammned lucky that was the extent of it , luckily the snowbanks were high enough and SOFT

wa-loaf

Back from the dentist. Making some tea to warm up after standing in the wind to fill up the car.

drjeff

Enjoying the once again flowing hot air coming out of the baseboard heaters in my office :) Thank you oil company service tech!

Leaving work soon..I was going to ski afterwork but I'm tired and not psyched about the wind and cold so I'll save my energy for Friday afternoon, Saturday morning and Sunday morning...I'm psyched about the PASR day at Blue this Saturday..

Oh yeah..going to the beer store to pick up some Long Trail blackberry wheat..I haven't had any in 2 whole weeks..my favorite beer..

Just finished doing our 2008 fed &state taxes , now gotta do our2009 state estimated tax payments

Reminds me that I need to do my taxes soon..I'm home from work..taking out the garbage and cleaning my place..Long Trail Blackberry wheat is in the freezer..for fast coolness..I guess keeping them on my balconey would be equally affective..this is my last rest day before a 7-week skiing bender at Blue mountain to end the ski season..

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Off to the orthopaedic doc to find out why my knee hurts
Back from the doc....good news, nothing really serious. Mild arthritis in both knees, more prevalent in the left knee, nothing that can't be compensated with a standard leg muscle building exercise program (hamstrings, quads and calf). Skiing on it won't make matters worse, but he said I should take it easy...no diamonds or moguls. If I don't start working on the muscles, he said I should expect the pain increase while skiing.

Off to the sign up at a gym at 6!

gmcunni

Back from the doc....good news, nothing really serious. Mild arthritis in both knees, more prevalent in the left knee, nothing that can't be compensated with a standard leg muscle building exercise program (hamstrings, quads and calf). Skiing on it won't make matters worse, but he said I should take it easy...no diamonds or moguls. If I don't start working on the muscles, he said I should expect the pain increase while skiing.

did he recommend any specific exercises with skiing in mind? isn't MORE skiing good leg exercise?

drjeff

Sounds like nice cruising for a while for you Root, and that should leave you with extra energy to do a few more beer curls apres ski! ;) :beer: :)

Right now I'm procrastinating doing my paperwork for the day :rolleyes:

So will you be at the Blue PASR day? I'll be happy to cruise lazy mile..with Razors closed for the PARA GS races..Challenge is gonna be a clusterf@ck..I'm really happy it's nothing serious. 3 seasons ago I fell hard on my shoulder/upper arm on Barneys Bumps but luckily the X-rays showed no bone damage..from the pain I thought I broke my arm..I skied 2 days and carrying my skis was so rough..Get on an eliptical machine.,or exercise bike to burn alot of acids out of your legs..then you can have more steezy vert days..

drjeff

Right now I'm waiting for 2 of my hygienists to finish up with their last patients so I can check them and head home

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
So will you be at the Blue PASR day? I'll be happy to cruise lazy mile..with Razors closed for the PARA GS races..Challenge is gonna be a clusterf@ck..I'm really happy it's nothing serious. 3 seasons ago I fell hard on my shoulder/upper arm on Barneys Bumps but luckily the X-rays showed no bone damage..from the pain I thought I broke my arm..I skied 2 days and carrying my skis was so rough..Get on an eliptical machine.,or exercise bike to burn alot of acids out of your legs..then you can have more steezy vert days..
I'm pretty sure I'll be there.