• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

Back from the dentist, $244 poorer..going over to my parents house in a few to watch Sundays Entourage and go out for dinner..I'm freaking exhausted..the heat sucks..I was in a cemetery in Philly earlier and it was 92 degrees and after like 15 minutes standing next to a tombstone with this family I said, "OK so you know the color and design you want, lets get out of the heat"....and they listened..being a 30-something is empowering..

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
So I we're sitting by the pool deck, and a duck lands in the pool. I point it out to Mrs Root "hey check out that duck splashing and playing in the pool"

Well, next thing you know, the duck flies out of the pool and lands on the deck, right in front of my chair. He leaves behind this cloud of reddish-brown muck in the water. He's got something in his mouth...

He rips an embryo out of an egg and gets rotten egg pieces, yolk, embryo, and what else is in the egg all over the place. It stinks to high hell :puke:. He eats most of it in a single swallow.

He then jumps back into the pool water, rinses off, leaves behind another red/brown cloud of muck and paddles on his way.

Ok, time to change pools!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
:lol: When you started, I was thinking of Sopranos...but I don't think his duck acted like that. :lol:

Eating elbows with sauce...and counting the minutes to the kids' bedtime.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I got carded for buying a 6 pack of Miller Lite 16 oz plastic bottles at Walmart! :D

I got carded for buying a 6 pack of Miller Lite 16 oz plastic bottles at Walmart! :D

wa-loaf

Beer in plastic bottles? That's just wrong.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Beer in plastic bottles? That's just wrong.

WTF are they thinking? :blink:

(I like it when I get carded, too... doesn't happen as much anymore though.)

Right now, I'm having quiet time. Brian's on a MTB ride, the kids are sleeping, so it's just me. I think I'm going to watch Amelie soon. My brother lent it to me a while ago and I hadn't gotten around to it yet.

drjeff

Can't bring glass bottles anywhere near the pool.

Ok...I'm about to take a latin dance class poolside with Mrs Root...need more beer!

Carefull there Root, too much more of this Florida thing and we're going to have to get you some of them old timer big buckle white patent leather shoes and get you in line for the 4PM early bird senior dinner specials! :lol:

Right now I'm watching the late news and getting ready for bed

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Never did watch the movie. Ended up researching recipes to make for my sister's picnic and wrapping up some paperwork for the party I did in PA. Heading to bed soon. Not sure how I'll get up at 5:20 at this point...

drjeff

Working (or trying to avoid working) on a patient with a REALLY ANNOYING laugh :eek: :mad: We're talking Fran Drescher as The Nanny esque here :eek: I'm just not awake enough yet this AM to tolerate it!

ComeBackMudPuddles

Working (or trying to avoid working) on a patient with a REALLY ANNOYING laugh :eek: :mad: We're talking Fran Drescher as The Nanny esque here :eek: I'm just not awake enough yet this AM to tolerate it!

not to put ideas in your head, but, putting your drill to good use on the patient's vocal chords might take care of your problem....

The_Dentist.jpg

drjeff

not to put ideas in your head, but, putting your drill to good use on the patient's vocal chords might take care of your problem....

The_Dentist.jpg

Solved it a different way. Just turned up the XM REALLY loud for a couple of minutes and engaged my assistant in some idle talk about what supplies we need to order for the office - and I was almost correct in my assumption that that line of talk wouldn't bring out the laugh ;)

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Carefull there Root, too much more of this Florida thing and we're going to have to get you some of them old timer big buckle white patent leather shoes and get you in line for the 4PM early bird senior dinner specials! :lol:

Right now I'm watching the late news and getting ready for bed
Never a chance...it would interfere with my planned ski schedule:daffy:

Anyway, we just woke up. Gonna get some coffee.

drjeff

Chilling by the pool, takin in the scenery ;). Trying to decide what we want to do for lunch.

Hope it's "good" scenery as opposed to alot of the scenery in that area that tends to be very large, very hairy and wearing way to little and too tight spandex based clothing :eek: as their speaking some language of the european continent and chain smoking malboro's :eek: :eek: :eek:

Geoff

Emergency keyboard repair on my laptop. I had two years of cat hair buildup under the keys. I popped off the V, C, and X keys and dug out about a pound of cat hair. I now have the reassembly worked out but it's a bitch without a magnifying glass.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Home from the free movies. Back is killing me today...no pain meds in the house either. Ugh. Just trying to get by until relief comes this evening.