• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Y'all are lucky

jimk

I had great luck with the boot fitter at Level 9 on 3300 South last summer. She was awesome. I did not have any unusual foot issues but I opted to go ahead with the custom foot bed and man oh man these boots have been the best by far. Absolutely no discomfort during the break-in period.

Our director uses Level 9 for ski tunes. A lot of instructors here go to Park City for boots...I'll ask around tomorrow as I'm also in the market.

@jimk wherever you go let me know how inventory is. Everything is super tight around here. I'm trying to eek season 5 out of my current boots. By then they'll have about 220-230 days on them.
Went to Sports Den in Foothills area, they were nice but had very little stock. Only thing in my size was a low end Rossi boot that was too baggy on me. I have an appt at 4pm today at Daleboots. Gonna cost about a grand and 1-2 week process. I've been in loose and/or cheap boots all my ski career (55 yrs) so this should be interesting. o_O

thetrailboss

Staff member
Went to Sports Den in Foothills area, they were nice but had very little stock. Only thing in my size was a low end Rossi boot that was too baggy on me. I have an appt at 4pm today at Daleboots. Gonna cost about a grand and 1-2 week process. I've been in loose and/or cheap boots all my ski career (55 yrs) so this should be interesting. o_O
I hear good things about Daleboot.

jimk

I hear good things about Daleboot.
Well since I buy boots about half as often as most folks, I'm going to pay twice as much for this pair:snow:
Measuring completed today. I get fitted in the new custom made boots in about two weeks.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well since I buy boots about half as often as most folks, I'm going to pay twice as much for this pair:snow:
Measuring completed today. I get fitted in the new custom made boots in about two weeks.
If it is like my experience you will not go back. My footbeds are awesome. My new boots had almost zero break-in period. No pain at all. No foot cramps. She also gave me some interesting tips about storage, debunked myths, etc.