• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gas Price

How do you pay for gas?

• Cash

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Credit

Votes: 34 50.7%
  • Debit

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Check

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

bigbog

www.eia.gov- tons of interesting stuff.

gaspump.gif

gcprrets.gif

I think your charts, along with all mass media-talk(what a surprise..:lol:), lacks the acknowledgement of Wall Street speculative effort ct....

I'm watching all the media-thing with the big oil execs...and I'm thinking to myself about how simple it would be to legislate the adjustment of speculative limits in Wall Street software...in times like these, instead of the complaining about how countries and companies are profiting too much...

*Was amazed ~3 weeks ago, a Saturday evening...and wound up way upstate in the woods with little balance in the only gas card I had on me. Shocked me just how far I could drive(all the way back home) with an eigth of a tank of gas....but staying right around 45mph on the paved highways.

$.01

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
Maybe, but I'm in Connecticut, and it's really getting bad.
People think Mass drivers are bad- Nutmeggers make Massholes look like 80 year old women going to church.

Hey, I resemble that remark! But, Masshole drivers are worse, almost as bad as NY drivers.

SkiFanE

Hey, I resemble that remark! But, Masshole drivers are worse, almost as bad as NY drivers.

As a Mass driver, I say NH drivers are the worst. Could be because I commute with them and they drive through and work in my town...they cut me off all the time and generally don't give a crap that they are zooming through neighborhoods to rush to their jobs. BUT...if I ever see a green VT license plate, I try to get in front of them as quick as i can...they are slowpokes and horrible to follow.

There you have it...my stereotypes of drivers (haven't found any commonality in NY, CT or ME drivers). Next up...my thesis on drivers of certain automobiles (ie...Saabs and Subarus)

mondeo

As a Mass driver, I say NH drivers are the worst. Could be because I commute with them and they drive through and work in my town...they cut me off all the time and generally don't give a crap that they are zooming through neighborhoods to rush to their jobs. BUT...if I ever see a green VT license plate, I try to get in front of them as quick as i can...they are slowpokes and horrible to follow.

There you have it...my stereotypes of drivers (haven't found any commonality in NY, CT or ME drivers). Next up...my thesis on drivers of certain automobiles (ie...Saabs and Subarus)
I hate Subaru drivers.

deadheadskier

Staff member

Having lived many years in Vermont, almost 3 in Maine and now 3 in New Hampshire, I definitely vote for NH drivers as the slowest of the three states. Going 5 mph below the speed limit is the norm on State Highways up here.

Maine drivers are tied with PA drivers of being guilty of cruising in the left lane on the highway. Drives me nuts coming up on someone doing 65 in the left lane and drivers in those states are frequent offenders.

I actually like the aggressive nature of Mass drivers. At least people are trying to get somewhere.

ctenidae

I think your charts, along with all mass media-talk(what a surprise..:lol:), lacks the acknowledgement of Wall Street speculative effort ct....

The chart does carry the effect of speculation (that's a whole other topic)- it's explicitly in the 69% of price attributed to the price of oil.

I hate Subaru drivers.

I've decided that CRV drivers are the new bane of my existance. Don't know why, but they're the new minivans of the road.

tjf67

The chart does carry the effect of speculation (that's a whole other topic)- it's explicitly in the 69% of price attributed to the price of oil.

I've decided that CRV drivers are the new bane of my existance. Don't know why, but they're the new minivans of the road.

Hey my wife has a CRV,yeah her driving makes is way irratic.

You think we r in for a jolt? Good for gas prices...

ctenidae

Hey my wife has a CRV,yeah her driving makes is way irratic.

You think we r in for a jolt? Good for gas prices...

If I had to guess, I'd say we'll see oil bouncing in the 90's for a bit, and then either the Middle East bumps it back over 100 or it doesn't and it dips back down to the 80's.

Either that, or it stays somewhere between 35 and 300.

snoseek

If I had to guess, I'd say we'll see oil bouncing in the 90's for a bit, and then either the Middle East bumps it back over 100 or it doesn't and it dips back down to the 80's.

Either that, or it stays somewhere between 35 and 300.

Perhaps you should look into a career in meteorology:spin:

eatskisleep

Credit card, I refuse to go to those places where they get a premium to use a credit card, especially when the place up the street is usually the same price and takes them.

Same here. I hate places that have two different prices.

wa-loaf

I saw everything from $3.75 to 3.89 today. Seems to be all over the place.

Phoenix drivers are the worst I've seen in the US. Old and just kind of drift all over the place. It doesn't help that all their roads are 8 lanes across with the suicide lane in the middle for left turns. I kinda like Mass drivers. I assume the worst and act accordingly, it pisses me off these days if someone tries to be nice on the roads. Screws up my moves ...

Geoff

Vermont drivers have been trained from years of hick town speed traps to go the speed limit on secondary roads. After you've been pulled over for going 45 in a 40 zone often enough and paid the insurance surcharges, you eventually conclude that speeding fails the cost-benefit analysis. As a native of Massholia who has lived in Vermont and CowHampshire, I think it's the rate of enforcement that controls driving speeds.

tjf67

Don't get too excited. OPEC is fighting about something so Oil went back up today ...

TodAy the increase in oil was all speculation. Don't look into it all that hard. Greece will take down prices 10 bucks a barrell. Germany is on the right track but no one wants to pay the piper.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Exxon Mobile announced yesterday they found 700 million barrels in a new well in the Gulf. That's 28 days worth of US consumption. Drop in the bucket yes, but probably will have a positive effect on the price per barrel.

ctenidae

Exxon Mobile announced yesterday they found 700 million barrels in a new well in the Gulf. That's 28 days worth of US consumption. Drop in the bucket yes, but probably will have a positive effect on the price per barrel.

It'll take them 5 years to get the field into production, though.