• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown season pass roll call

gmcunni

I was thinking the same thing. I actually went over to Sunnyside once or twice last year just for that reason. It'll be easier to just divert off to Tom's for a run or two this year. :spread:

with top to bottom bumps on Nor Easter I think they should be able to stick a kicker in there somewhere.

:smash:

CMcKenna

I was thinking the same thing. I actually went over to Sunnyside once or twice last year just for that reason. It'll be easier to just divert off to Tom's for a run or two this year. :spread:

I'm way too much of a poser to be hitting the big kid park on Stinger. :lol:

let me teach you how to ski park. if you've got the basic skiing foundation for it, anyone can do it. Hell, you don't even really have to know how to ski. You take some of the Sundown rats up to Tucks or even Jay and it's a good ole time :dunce:

bvibert

Staff member
Hell, you don't even really have to know how to ski.

That's pretty apparent from the amount of slide slipping down Stinger that I see from the lift. ;-)

Thanks for the offer though. I don't really have too much interest in doing full on park stuff, I mostly just need to get more comfortable in hitting kickers...

CMcKenna

That's pretty apparent from the amount of slide slipping down Stinger that I see from the lift. ;-)

Thanks for the offer though. I don't really have too much interest in doing full on park stuff, I mostly just need to get more comfortable in hitting kickers...

yeah it makes that trail so icy. what can you do right now off kickers? can you spin at all? I guess that's pretty easy to learn, and would look cool coming down a bump run 360ing and then continuing. That's what I did during S7 last year and my binding broke and I slammed face first into a mogul :angry:

bvibert

Staff member
yeah it makes that trail so icy. what can you do right now off kickers? can you spin at all? I guess that's pretty easy to learn, and would look cool coming down a bump run 360ing and then continuing. That's what I did during S7 last year and my binding broke and I slammed face first into a mogul :angry:

I'm lucky to convince myself to even hit a kicker, and if I do there might be a half-assed spread. Throwing a heli is way beyond my comfort level right now. :lol:

CMcKenna

I'm lucky to convince myself to even hit a kicker, and if I do there might be a half-assed spread. Throwing a heli is way beyond my comfort level right now. :lol:

okay well we can work out some kind of deal. You give me the bottom of either lift 2 or 1 everytime I'm working and you're working, and I teach you how to get spins down EASILY. Trust me, they're easier than you think.

mondeo

okay well we can work out some kind of deal. You give me the bottom of either lift 2 or 1 everytime I'm working and you're working, and I teach you how to get spins down EASILY. Trust me, they're easier than you think.
Mission 1: get these guys comfortable in the air. I'd go with the old school stuff to get confidence up, then we can work on a trick where they lose vision.

Spins are easy, but the level of commital needed is much higher than any straight air. I spend probably 10x the amount of time in the park as any of the other Sundown guys on here, and I'm still very selective with when and where I try to spin. Need jumps with kick and soft landings. Preferably step ups (Jarrod - pretty please, a step up this year?)

Greg

Staff member
Any air I do this year is going to be confined to non-spreading maneuvers. Last thing I want is a tear. May try to dial in the 2 o'clock - 10 o'clock twister combo... :lol:

CMcKenna

Mission 1: get these guys comfortable in the air. I'd go with the old school stuff to get confidence up, then we can work on a trick where they lose vision.

Spins are easy, but the level of commital needed is much higher than any straight air. I spend probably 10x the amount of time in the park as any of the other Sundown guys on here, and I'm still very selective with when and where I try to spin. Need jumps with kick and soft landings. Preferably step ups (Jarrod - pretty please, a step up this year?)

I spend all my time in the park when I ride sundown, unless we get a freak snow and then it's all into the secret woods :beer:

I can spin up to a 900 on a decent day, cork 720...etc. and it was all learned from just repetition and falling. I'm also younger than a lot of these guys, so falls don't put me out as long :p

bvibert

Staff member

Do a search here for "dumper air" and you'll get all the evidence of my prowess in the air that you need. :lol:

Sounds like a deal, except you're not on any of my shifts this year...